Bitters (Drankstrut rel)

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central

I've been making fernet-n-tonic for a while now and made and ole fashioned with some prewar chateau thierrry orange bitter i found in my parents cabinet
I've heard bars make their own sometimes (rhubarb)

Please to post drink recipes or experiences to making your own bitter

Comments

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Just got some melon/lime bitters. Threw a dash in a vodka/soda and was quite tasty.

My mom likes bitters and soda after a big meal

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    pcmr said:

Official drink of the Bay Area DJ community.

I can't even stand the smell of it anymore after DJing with Toph One at the Red Wine Social (essential heads know the transaction).

• I always keep angostura and peychaud's at the house. The salt and pepper of a good cocktail.

• CousinLarry said:
    I always keep angostura and peychaud's at the house. The salt and pepper of a good cocktail.

my man.

ice
    nice vodka
    soda water
    bitters
    squeezed ginger
    lemon

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

They do a RTD version now but not as good as making your own.

Lemon Lime & Bitters (common drink in Australia)

Ingredients (serves 4)
    4 lemons, halved
    4 limes, halved
    1L (4 cups) cold water
    100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
    1 tsp Angostura Aromatic Bitters
    Crushed ice, to serve

Method
    Juice half the lemons and half the limes. Thickly slice remaining lemons and limes, and place in a heatproof jug.
    Combine lemon and lime juice, water and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
    Pour the lemon-juice mixture over the lemon and lime slices in the jug. Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours to chill.
    Divide bitters among serving glasses. Top with ice and pour over lemon-juice mixture. Serve immediately.

Also in Argentina I was drinking straight Fernet with Coke...a common way to drink it there.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

[strike]They do a RTD version now but not as good as making your own.

Lemon Lime & Bitters (common drink in Australia)

Ingredients (serves 4)
    4 lemons, halved
    4 limes, halved
    1L (4 cups) cold water
    100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
    1 tsp Angostura Aromatic Bitters
    Crushed ice, to serve

Method
    Juice half the lemons and half the limes. Thickly slice remaining lemons and limes, and place in a heatproof jug.
    Combine lemon and lime juice, water and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
    Pour the lemon-juice mixture over the lemon and lime slices in the jug. Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours to chill.
    Divide bitters among serving glasses. Top with ice and pour over lemon-juice mixture. Serve immediately.

Also in Argentina I was drinking straight Fernet with Coke...a common way to drink it there.[/strike]

SORRY NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR RECIPES ANYMORE BECAUSE YOU ARE SOFT BATCH

LOL

b/w

PISCO. PISCO. PISCO.