Who sang backup for Ice Cube?

DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
I'm talking about the women who sang hooks on Death Certificate (and, I think, I Wish My Brother George Was Here). Has anybody ever figured out who they were?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Which songs on Death Certificate?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    batmon said:

"Giving up the Nappy Dugout" came up on my iPod this morning, prompting the question. But also "Steady Mobbin'" and then "Sleepin' on my Couch" and "Pissin' on your Steps" off Del's album.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I've wondered the same.....I always assumed it was Val Young

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Michelle.....i kid

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    batmon said:

"Giving up the Nappy Dugout" .

I always thought it was more than one voice or its over-dubbed.

• "Steady Mobbin" is a parliament sample, I am not sure if it's re-sung but I always just thought it was the sample.

• I'm sure on one of those Ice Cube related releases it says vocal by Brides Of Funkenstien, anyway I just googled and according to Wikipedia Dawn Silva from The Brides Of Funkenstien worked with Cube from 91, so I guess thats the answer.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    bboyparkz said:
    I'm sure on one of those Ice Cube related releases it says vocal by Brides Of Funkenstien, anyway I just googled and according to Wikipedia Dawn Silva from The Brides Of Funkenstien worked with Cube from 91, so I guess thats the answer.

Sounds about right to me. Danke!

b/w

The first line of Dawn Silva's Wikipedia entry is terrific: "Dawn Silva is an American funk vocalist of epic proportion." EPIC PROPORTION!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    "Steady Mobbin" is a parliament sample, I am not sure if it's re-sung but I always just thought it was the sample.

Steady Mobbin has Average White Band, Marvin Gaye, Parliament and Parlet samples in the song. LOTS of samples in the song.