Spring Break, Strut Style

minneapminneap 541 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
The girlfriend and I are looking for somewhere to go for her spring break. I figured the Strut could make a couple well educated recommendations. We have a well padded budget, but it's still a budget. We'd like to stay in North America for financial reasons (road trip-r), but we're looking for the city that has:

-Food
-Historical sites
-Night life
-Records
-Shows
-Non-touristy tourist things to do
-Warm weather preferred though not necessary
-Strutteurs to show us around

Make your claim here, all responses will be considered.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    minneap said:
    The girlfriend and I are looking for somewhere to go for her spring break. I figured the Strut could make a couple well educated recommendations. We have a well padded budget, but it's still a budget. We'd like to stay in North America for financial reasons (road trip-r), but we're looking for the city that has:

-Food
    -Historical sites
    -Night life
    -Records
    -Shows
    -Non-touristy tourist things to do
    -Warm weather preferred though not necessary
    -Strutteurs to show us around

Make your claim here, all responses will be considered.

Portland -
    Food, the best.
    Historical Sites - No
    Night Life - I wouldn't know, but The Fix and Rev Shines' other gig gets good reviews.
    Records - More record stores per capita than anywhere else in the country. Night Owl Record Show April 9th.
    Shows - They are filming a couple of tv shows here. One takes place in Boston the other Portland.
    Non-touristy... - For days, Volcanoes, Waterfalls, 24 hour church of Elvis...
    Warm weather - Yeah, if you consider 50o and raining warm.
    Strutteurs - I try to be a helpful host when I can.