Sellers from Germany - Shipping question

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
As I'm momentarily preparing ebay auctions I checked Deutsche Post shipping fares and to my surprise realized that with new shipping rates in 2011 it's more expensive to send a record to a german adress than to the rest of the world. Insane!
Maxibrief national is 4,40 ???. Grossbrief international (up to 500g which is enough for one record) 3,45 ???.

How do y'all ship your items?

Comments

• indyindy 58 Posts
    Hey Che,

since its not possible anymore to send records in a regular package as "Warensendung" i sometimes choose

hermes

http://www.hermespaketshop.de/paketeversenden_preise.php

3,55 for shop2shop seems ok.

they are fast but dont know how reliable they are cause i havent shipped that many recs with them.
    so far everything went well.

gr??sse in den s??den

indy

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    get a packstation ID and send the stuff for 3.90 or 5.90 (insured).

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    yes!
    all the german diggeurs in one thread.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    indy said:
    Hey Che,

since its not possible anymore to send records in a regular package as "Warensendung" i sometimes choose

It's still possible to send records as "Warensendung". You only need a different kind of mailer. They have a different size than regular ones and the records are inserted diagonally to fit.
    You'll need this kind of mailers:
    http://cgi.ebay.de/50-x-LP-Versandkartons-Warensendung-Schallplatten-/360202596170

The weight of a Warensendung is limited to 500g therefore you only can ship one record in it. The price is still incredible 1,65???.

Gr????e in den Norden!

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    fejmelba said:
    yes!
    all the german diggeurs in one thread.

w..w...w...wait! I was missin' cosign on Warensendung, but it's not really stable. Deutsche Post is strange, when it comes to these things...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i would never ever send records in those boxes! records that you paid more than 5 euros for should be sent out in proper mailers. really! 2 extra euros. maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, whats the big deal?! you poor?

deutsche post is fine. get yourself to 2011 and get a freakin' packstation account.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    fucking fuck!

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    Grope said:
    fucking fuck!
    is this an invite for a eurostrut?
    its been awhile.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    fejmelba said:
    Grope said:
    fucking fuck!
    is this an invite for a eurostrut?
    its been awhile.

very funny

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Grope said:
    i would never ever send records in those boxes! records that you paid more than 5 euros for should be sent out in proper mailers. really! 2 extra euros. maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, whats the big deal?! you poor?

deutsche post is fine. get yourself to 2011 and get a freakin' packstation account.

This! I once received a record in these boxes and was glad it made it without being squashed. Never heard about this packstation ID stuff. Always thought these are designed for picking up stuff exclusively. I'm not even sure if my sleepy smalltown has a packstation but I will research. So long I'll use Hermes which is OK considering the stuff is insured. Still, the thought that it's more expensive to send a record to Baden-Baden than sending it to Japan is maddening me. Yes, Deutsche Post is strange indeed.

BTW, thanks for the input Jungens. Gr??sse aus dem Osten.