Any strutters ride for Baraka?

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
I remember seeing this in a theater in the 90's and being blown away. Not so much with Chronos tho...

Anyone got anything on the same tip from the last 5 years that is really good?

You can watch it in HD on Youtube. just make sure to switch it to 1080p if you want to see it in HD instead of SD.

EDIT: Shit, I just realized the audio has been changed in parts (In my fav scene especially- Ramayana Monkey Chant) due to copyright claims.

Comments

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    love this flick
    it's great how they move from subject to subject (monks to chickens)
    i gave it to my inlaws this xmas
    its quite an experience with no dialogue

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    One of the first DVDs I bought. Sort of on the same tip (and even seemingly some of the same footage), is the IMAX doc Ring of Fire about volcanoes -- 45 minutes of pure fire, obviously.

• the blu ray is gorgeous

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I ride, and I think dudes should give the guy a full term before casting judgment.

• been meaning to see this for the longest.

how is the music though?

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I just watched this on DVD after not seeing it for many years (finally got a TV large enough to make it worth watching at home ... but just barely). I used to see it every year at the theater at Trinity College in CT (great little theater, by the way). If you get a chance to see it in a theater, do so. It's still a hell of a film at home, but it really needs to be seen on a large screen.

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    The chicken scene pushed a few of my college friends into full-fledged vegetarianism. Cool flick. I haven't watched it in years.

• Great movie, seemed to be playing at every party in the 80's/90's along with those qatsi jawns. :snowman: :zooted: :cokehead:

Koyaanisqatsi- Life Out of Balance from Hacivat on Vimeo.

• DOR said:

Yeah I'm interested if anyone knows of anything new/good also.....some stuff which springs to mind.

T O in 2 4 from Dale Hildebrand on Vimeo.

• pimlicosquirrel said:
    DOR said:

T O in 2 4 from Dale Hildebrand on Vimeo.

awesome. thanks for this.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    ennui said:
    The chicken scene pushed a few of my college friends into full-fledged vegetarianism.

BURNIN CHICKENBEAKS WITH ELECTRICAL ZAPPERS

• BowlsBowls 28 Posts
    Back when I first bought/watched Baraka, there was a rumor that it could be run simultaneously with Radiohead's Kid A. I don't believe that, but I also never tried it.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Saw this on acid in the theatres. Was amazing. So was the movie.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Used have this on VHS...good for background visuals while having a session and playing records or for parties.

I dont think I ever watched it from start to finish though.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Koyaanisqatsi > Baraka

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

Second from the right reminds me of the lady at Kaspers Hot Dogs by my house. That place is like walking into a time-warp