MP3 Request: The Three Degrees' "Rose Garden"

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited January 2011 in Strut Central
You'd think a copy of "Maybe" would be floating out there in digital land, but alas, no.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I have the Maybe 45 so I can rip for you in a sec...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I think "Rose Garden" is on the B-side of a different single though..."You're the One"?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    I think "Rose Garden" is on the B-side of a different single though..."You're the One"?

You're right, the flip of Maybe is Collage. Sorry duder.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    got the LP but am at the country house
    if no one shows up ill rip it sunday
    also i am stunned its not online
    but i know you hold the technoratikal FORCE

• are you guys referring to the rose garden used in this?

because i snooped it online for almost an hour and came up null.

I'm assuming it's the Three Degrees that's being sampled here b/c Lynn Anderson's 1971 version doesn't have the right inflection and it's pretty clear that whoever they loop was a soul artist, not a country singer.

But I want to hear The Three Degrees' version just to verify (since it sounds pretty great as a sample)

• i can all but guarantee it's NOT lynn anderson.... but i wasn't totally positive its the three degrees either.

one of those "i know i know it, i just dont know if it's the "it" i think it is" type of situations.

On further listen, it absolutely is the Three Degrees. If you listen on the Shad song, where the back-up singers go "sometimes," it's the exact same kind of inflection and harmonizing you can hear on "Collage."

• he's a local yoot, so i suppose i could just holler at him to confirm..... either way, im going to try to rip the rekkid and put it up. there's no good reason for it NOT being on the all-knowing innanet.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    On further listen, it absolutely is the Three Degrees. If you listen on the Shad song, where the back-up singers go "sometimes," it's the exact same kind of inflection and harmonizing you can hear on "Collage."

Agreed. And I believe that they slow it down for the Shad track. I wonder if that's what might be throwing you off?

Kindly,
    parallax

Thanks!

And I don't think Shad slowed the song down by much. Tempo feels about the same.