Comments

• i've always thought of getting into 78s since I have a victrola. the problem is the only 78s you find are total garbage.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    hasn't capped a 'G' yet, but it shall soon enough... shipping that will be fun...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    i've always thought of getting into 78s since I have a victrola. the problem is the only 78s you find are total garbage.

mostly true, but when find good ones, they are usually in grips...this one dude came in here last month with some records he found in his grandmother's attic...Paramount sides, Rhumboogie sides(T Bone Walker), Speciality sides, Blind Lemmon Jefferson...about 60 78s...all killer. But yeah, usually it is some Bing Crosby steez...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i've always thought of getting into 78s since I have a victrola. the problem is the only 78s you find are total garbage.

ive found some decent bluegrass 78s, of shit ive never even imagined to hear of before...but yes most is

• i've always thought of getting into 78s since I have a victrola. the problem is the only 78s you find are total garbage.

ive found some decent bluegrass 78s, of shit ive never even imagined to hear of before...but yes most is

don't sleep on bluegrass. those old blue grass 78s are dope. blues too. ever since i saw the movie crumb i've been trying to find them.

• dizzydizzy 11 Posts
    I thought this thread was about the band shellac. Anyways I've yet to hear a 78 I liked.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

yeah, and um, most 33's are junk as well, gee, so are most 45's, and golly, now that i think of it, so are most CD's...

i thought you people were puported to be diggers???????

• "You got any of that ol' timey stuff?"

C'mon, someone had to do it.

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    Most 78s are lacking in the funk breaks department. Unfortunate but true.