Expedit alternative

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
Just bought 2 sets of expedit-like shelves at costco. Never got any expedits because I would have to have them shipped (shipping is expensive for them) so it was cool to see these...they are only in 2x4 configuration, but are WAY heavier/sturdier than expedits. They only come in dark brown, and are $130...more expensive, but still cheaper than the shipping costs and as I mentioned, much sturdier...also dark brown is better than black/natural IMO. The cubes are 13x13x15. So if you don't live close to an Ikea like me, they are a proper alternative.

Comments

• pics pleez

• Will post pics as soon as I get to the house and put them together...

• damn really? shizzz, i am getting ready to place an order next week for 2 expedit's, but i also have a costco membership, theres no Ikea here in Nova Scotia so it is going to cost me a ton for shipping as well.

i'd love to see some pics of this as well...

• theyre called the O'nin Room Divider

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    One of my pet peeves is how Expedits don't have backing. The way mine are set up, the shelves aren't flush with a wall in the back so it's a pain to re-file shit and have it look straight.

• ^^ 1/4 or 1/2 inch masonite or MDF will fix that, plus add some stability to it as well

The_Hook_Up said:
    theyre called the O'nin Room Divider

thats the bomb, i am going to head over to costco tomorrow on my lunch, see if they gots these.

edit - cant find anything on costco.ca or costco.com searching for the words "O'nin Room Divider
    "

• they were literally putting them out on the floor when I was there today...maybe a new item?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:

This does look pretty nice & sturdy. Plus, the black always gives them a more "finished" look IMO. Great score!

• what breeze said.

cityboy: post up if you find out if costco canada is carrying them pls....

• Breez said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

This does look pretty nice & sturdy. Plus, the black always gives them a more "finished" look IMO. Great score!

they're actually a really dark brown...but they do look black in that pic. I just hope they still have them in a month so I can cop a couple more.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Breez said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

they're actually a really dark brown...but they do look black in that pic. I just hope they still have them in a month so I can cop a couple more.

Yeah I need those also someone let me know if they find them at Costco in the States...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:

Yo bro, your room looks great. Love what you've done with the place!

• Cosmo said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

thanks! I am trying to cultivate a more active lifestyle...

• The_Hook_Up said:
    Cosmo said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Your sporting goods are immaculately positioned.

• crabmongerfunk said:
    cityboy: post up if you find out if costco canada is carrying them pls....

yeah man i will do, i just called my local costco and got stuck in the "IVR loop of death" so i'll have to call em tomorrow, if they got these i'll go snag one tomorrow, it would help a lot right now.

** i like the bunkbeds specifically, totally jealous! as my mom wouldnt let me have them when i was a kid...lol

Horseleech said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Cosmo said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Your sporting goods are immaculately positioned.

I am not feeling those blue stars totally throws off the balance in the room...

Awwww snap I just popsiked O'nin room divider and found this http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/201101?pg=100#pg100 so it appears to be a brand new item to costco..

• ^^ gadzooks! ah shizzz

dj_cityboy said:
    ^^ gadzooks! ah shizzz

RLMAO in all seriousness it appears that all costco's should have this item it's probably not listed on the website yet because it is brand new...I mma cop two of them next weekend. Good looking on letting others know about this...

• Do you have to be on some kinda membership steez to cop from Cotsco? Never shopped there, but I assume it's kinda like Sam's Club.

bass_fever said:
    Do you have to be on some kinda membership steez to cop from Cotsco? Never shopped there, but I assume it's kinda like Sam's Club.

http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?cat=504&eCat=BC|50129|29676|78515|504&whse=BC&topnav;=&hierPath=50129*29676*78515*504*&lang=en-US

I am not a member either...well let me make sure w/ my wife I may be a member. For some reason I don't think that you have to be a member to buy certain stuff.

• ^^ yeah you need to have a membership, this is what they are in my area

Executive Membership - $100
    Business Membership - $50
    Gold Star Membership - $55

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    The clybourn location in Chicago has them. I'm not in the market otherwise I'd cop. They look nice.

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    I saw this set up at CostCo today.
    They're nice, but I'm not sure they're all that much nicer than expedits for the extra price.
    I was hoping they would come with backs, but alas no.
    Good option for people without an IKEA nearby though.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    goatboy said:
    I saw this set up at CostCo today.
    They're nice, but I'm not sure they're all that much nicer than expedits for the extra price.
    I was hoping they would come with backs, but alas no.
    Good option for people without an IKEA nearby though.

Sayin. $130 = a 4x4 expedit.