"We No Speak Americano."

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
Any theories on why this song blew the f*ck up like it did?? It's definitely not your typical "safe" hit song, but man, I've heard this on urban radio stations, at tailgate parties at the Cowboys/Cardinals game this weekend and people keep requesting it at the local Hip Hop clurb spot. Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot, just buggin' that it blew up like it did. (Though I have to admit, I don't play it out anymore now that every DJ and their mama does. Elitist, I know.)

b/w

My favorite version

??Si pues!

Comments

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Herm said:
    Any theories on why this song blew the f*ck up like it did?? It's definitely not your typical "safe" hit song, but man, I've heard this on urban radio stations, at tailgate parties at the Cowboys/Cardinals game this weekend and people keep requesting it at the local Hip Hop clurb spot. Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot, just buggin' that it blew up like it did. (Though I have to admit, I don't play it out anymore now that every DJ and their mama does. Elitist, I know.)

b/w

My favorite version

??Si pues!

Hi Herm,

I don't get it AT ALL. As dance music goes, it has a cheesy sound, to be frank. Yet it's success is not entirely surprising when I think back a few years to "Who Let The Dogs Out", or Eiffel 65's "I'm Blue"...maybe not the best comparitors, but you get the idea.

Kindly,
    parallax

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Worst song EVER

• Terrible version of the much nicer original by Renato Carosone that was indeed a huge hit back in the day...

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    I've just been in brazil and heard it there ALL the time

at least it's better than david guetta, lady gaga and all that eurotrash electro

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It's Australian in origin.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Horrible song, the hype blew over a couple months ago over here thank god.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    It probably blew up because Mystery Guitar Man, one of YouTube's most watched partners, sampled it his Bali video. Guys like MGM and RayWilliamJohnson make songs and videos go viral on a weekly basis.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    It's Australian in origin.

No shit. A friend of mine is there touring manager. Got a free trip to South America and the States to look after them.
    Their laughing all the way to the bank. Its a shame some more talented dudes from here couldn't get picked up instead.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I thought that was by D-Cup and Yolanda Be Cool? Maybe they just did a new version of it. Either way D-Cup is a dope ass producer, lame song or not.

• utters said:

at least it's better than david guetta, lady gaga and all that eurotrash electro

some full time djs... draw a line, at least i do. no taio cruz, no gaga, no whip your hair..... but im guilty of running guetta/ kid cudi a few times.

i really dont mind this song..production wise, the chops are good.. and its not over the top. a lucky cross over hit is all you can say.
    i have a version that goes into the og, which bugs the crowd out.

• RAW_HAMBURGER said:

i have a version that goes into the og, which bugs the crowd out.

Plaese to post!

• RAW_HAMBURGER said:

i really dont mind this song..production wise, the chops are good.. and its not over the top.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    It was being rinsed in Ibiza when I was there in June. Kids and no-habla-Ingl??s Euromen love it. Spartan popping melody is annoying enough to stick in the mind. File under Crazy Frog bin.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Cosign on drawing a line when djing full time...no Gaga over here as well...

• This song was EVERYWHERE in Poland this summer. Eeesh!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    here's a way doper song by DCup in my opinion...so mad I didn't think to flip this one first.