best down parka out there

2»

Comments

• toronto.

so.................. i'm still south of 40% of the united states [and parallel with the northern california border]....... but yeah...... canuck.

i walked home from the bar on monday night in a frigid -21 C [5F]..... and i was ear to ear with warmth. if only it covered the face too.

• I hate the cold more than anything but sometimes I wish I had an excuse to wear a big ass coat like that. Never cold enough out here for that though. (It was 86 degrees yesterday.)

Sad/silly thing is...I own 40-50 jackets/windbreakers/coats.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Triple FAT Goose in tougher than leather...

• For some strange reason i decided to bring 2 jackets on that run.... when your shit got taken, lucky for you amir... i had that north face. otherwise you really wouldve been fucked.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

A custom Louis Vuitton (Dapper Dan) jawn is by far the best.

• THIS...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    Not a Parka, but I have one of these in noir:

http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/the_gear/clothing/insulation/greenland_jacket_---570/

It's too hot for anything other than trying to stay warm when it's very, very cold. It served me well in Kiruna but it's a mobile sauna in the UK 99% of the time.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    DJBombjack said:
    Triple FAT Goose in tougher than leather...

Run DMC used to rock DOUBLE GOOSE jackets too.

They were wearing the DOUBLE GOOSE jackets on the "Raising Hell" album cover. I think the Triple Fat Goose were knock offs of the DOUBLE GOOSE jackets.

The 3/4 length DOUBLE GOOSE jackets are crazy. I'm getting one soon.

www.doublegoose.net

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

I'll be rocking this right here sooner than later w/the matching hat. Chan hit me up when your Double Goose arrives....

For now I'm rollin' wit my mink coat...

• willie dynamite and shit. dont go sledding in that thing

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I would recco the MNS Himalyan Parka. 800 Down fill with gore windstopper.

double post.

Triple poast.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Big_Chan said:

www.doublegoose.net

That right there is a nice coat.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    The WESC winter jacket I got from a buddy last year is the warmest thing i've ever owned.
    Very well-made jacket.

• the reissue of the double goose is so overly inflated price wise, and they dont make the 'elephant skin' model.
    glossy black is all you can get for $800. i had both 1/4 length and a short one in the 80s, the 1st time around.
    no thanks.
    ill take a custom one off from dr. romanelli for that price.

RAW_HAMBURGER said:
    the reissue of the double goose is so overly inflated price wise, and they dont make the 'elephant skin' model.
    glossy black is all you can get for $800. i had both 1/4 length and a short one in the 80s, the 1st time around.
    no thanks.
    ill take a custom one off from dr. romanelli for that price.

Kon, I agree that the prices are too much. They do have other colors that you can order. I have seen Green, brown and red joints. The green double goose joints are ill.

• no thx on the double goose downs because a good friend of mine that lived on intervale street (real boston heads know the deal) in the 80s was killed for his coat. my friend begged for his life and dude shot him in the left temple for his coat; so ever since then i don't fusk with the double goose or the shearling. i am going with the canada goose jacket again. this time i am keeping that shit with me under the dj booth and watching it like a hawk!

davidwingate said:
    no thx on the double goose downs because a good friend of mine that lived on intervale street (real boston heads know the deal) in the 80s was killed for his coat. my friend begged for his life and dude shot him in the left temple for his coat; so ever since then i don't fusk with the double goose or the shearling.

DAMN! I am very sorry to hear that. The 80s were crazy. I remember when kids were getting shot for their Jordans.

• shit i remember when cats were gettin shot for puma clydes...no lie!

amir

• cookbook said:
    no spiewak love?

i got a Spiewak... feels nice but the design of the fur-edged hood makes it hard to drive in. Also have one of the big Woolrich joints, which is great for arctic conditions but not so stylish these days IMO. Also have one of the little 'Lo gooses, which is very comfortable and not too f**kin' hot, which can be a problem with a lot of down coats if you're in a car with the heat bangin' or if the temp is above freezing
    Back in the 80's had a number of gooses, which me and the crew used to trade amongst each other (D. St and Jew Man being my spots for the hook ups). My favorite was that black v-stitch Double Goose that you see Run DMC wearing on the Raising Hell cover. Never copped a sheep dog though! Always wanted one, just never got around to it.