What's More Old School? (VS)

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    IMO, R. Kelly

BTW, Trey Songs is the new R. Kelly (Voice & sound wise).

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts
    The Kells video is "blocked in your territory", but I'm guessing it's that Jackie Wilson-sounding thing that was out earlier in the year. I always get the title confused with When A Woman's Fed Up. Anyway, you don't get much more old-school than late-50s Jackie Wilson, so that one wins the old-school challenge for me.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Old Black Folk are gonna eat this up.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Damn they're both pretty fucking good though.

• kells is playing this return very well.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    cookbook said:
    kells is playing this return very well.

He usually does, although that last album was a misfire. But dude is always ahead of the game.

• batmon said:

I work with a black woman in her 60s, and she LOVES R Kelly, when one of his songs comes on the radio, she exclaims, "quiet! This is my song" then she sings along.

The_Hook_Up said:
    batmon said:

I work with a black woman in her 60s, and she LOVES R Kelly, when one of his songs comes on the radio, she exclaims, "quiet! This is my song" then she sings along.

My moms loves her some R.Kelly, plus she's from Chicago.

dont sleep

• Cosmo said:
    although that last album was a misfire.
    I hope you're not talking about Untitled, because that's one of the best Kells records ever, front to back. "Exit," "Echo," and "Like I Do" are certifiable. Too bad Zodiac didn't come out, cause "Hairbraider" was a pretty massive teaser. The new Love Letter album is aimed squarely at the 40-60 year old female market that Kelly lost during the whole legal/piss drama.

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Leaning towards R. Kelly. though I enjoy both, sprinkled with a bit of this in between.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

no

• edpowers said:
    no
    Yeah, homie is not even in the same galaxy as R. Kelly.

Cosmo said:
    I hope you're not talking about
    Untitled, because that's one of the best Kells records ever, front to back. "Exit," "Echo," and "Like I Do" are certifiable.

I disagree.

Only Pregnant and Be My #2 were "certified" imo. Whole Lotta Kisses was good.

But BEST(one of) of his catalog....u buggin.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    DCarfagna said:
    Cosmo said:
    I hope you're not talking about Untitled, because that's one of the best Kells records ever, front to back. "Exit," "Echo," and "Like I Do" are certifiable. Too bad Zodiac didn't come out, cause "Hairbraider" was a pretty massive teaser. The new Love Letter album is aimed squarely at the 40-60 year old female market that Kelly lost during the whole legal/piss drama.

No question that's the ploy and I'm not mad at that cause Kellz gotta do what he gotta do. But all in all, even though there were some joints on there that were dope (the two you mentioned, plus "Bangin' The Headboard" which is my ish, I just thought it was too geared towards the clubs and in trying to be so, missed it's mark. Like for real, save the Soulshock & Karlin production for lesser artists that need it. Different strokes I guess butI guess what I'm trying to say is that I think they tried to make it smack hard and that made it end up not smacking as much.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I ride for this LP...

• batmon said:

also:

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    that new r kelly is very average
    I don't get all the love it's getting

damms said:
    that new r kelly is very average
    I don't get all the love it's getting