As Raer As It Gets

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
I've been searching for this LP for years after a friend turned up a copy.......to my knowledge that copy was the only to be found by collectors/dealers until now.......for you little dudes who see the band members names and think about making phone calls, don't bother, they have already been contacted and there are no copies to be had.....this one is raer AND good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-RARE-WORLD-OPUS-ONE-LP-PROG-PSYCH-FUNK-/150530033740?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item230c4a084c

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Certified New Mexico MYTHIC RAER.

And I see it's from Gallup. :face_melt:

Can't wait to get the reish of this

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Oh yeah...there is a re-issue in the works so don't call them about that either.

• Cool! So...will you be bidding???

crazypoprock said:
    Cool! So...will you be bidding???

Nope

• Rockadelic said:
    crazypoprock said:
    Cool! So...will you be bidding???

Nope
    BIN

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I used to have a real good private press from Goddard.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    for you little dudes who see the band members names and think about making phone calls, don't bother, they have already been contacted and there are no copies to be had

so, if someone else does it they are "little dudes" but you & your friends aren't if you do it ... ? clear that one up for me.

I mean, you don't own this LP yourself, right?

SoulOnIce said:
    Rockadelic said:
    for you little dudes who see the band members names and think about making phone calls, don't bother, they have already been contacted and there are no copies to be had

so, if someone else does it they are "little dudes" but you & your friends aren't if you do it ... ? clear that one up for me.

^^ LITTLE DUDE ALERT! ;)

nah, I don't have the nerve/interest/patience to "source" records.

Not saying I would *never* do it, but I've never tried or really even considered it.

I just think it's funny how people who DO source records hold others who try the same thing in such contempt.

• Options
    SoulOnIce said:

Not saying I would *never* do it, but I've never tried or really even considered it.

I just think it's funny how people who DO source records hold others who try the same thing in such contempt.

Because he was totally serious and vicious when he said "little dudes."

Never go to a Don Rickles show, you'd end up hanging yourself in the men's room.

SoulOnIce said:
    Rockadelic said:

I never tried to source this LP....the person who found a copy a few years ago did and is talking to them about a re-issue on his label.

Not only did I not try to source it, I never would even mention the name of the LP online out of respect to the label owner in question.

Because he knew I would do so I got to hear the LP when he wouldn't share it with anyone else.

At this point contacting them could only screw up the deal he is trying to set up.

And personally, I'd love for it to get a legit reissue.

Cool??

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    SoulOnIce said:

Never go to a Don Rickles show, you'd end up hanging yourself in the men's room.

^^^^little dude apologist

• hmm. besides the amazing cover and mystical rarity appeal, i didnt hear much musically to warrant even buying a reissue of this. but i know how it is when its in your home turf...id be looking for that shit too!!!

not trying to be a hater, just heard nothing ear melting at all. i had no urge to relisten to any of the track snippets.

but i wish i had a poster of that cover

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    That first track is fire! The rest is not really for me.

Kindly,
    parallax

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I have the Rick and the Entire World 45 by these guys, its pretty good, I've always been on the fence about selling it.

From the sound cilps, its pretty there up my alley, but also sounds like 100 other records I own

It's a 7/10 in my book....the 4th and 5th tracks are long and really good, the clips don't do them justice.

No digger would EVER pass up an LP with that cover so you know this sucker is rare with only a couple turning up.

I can see it going for $1K....but not double that.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    It's a 7/10 in my book....the 4th and 5th tracks are long and really good, the clips don't do them justice.

No digger would EVER pass up an LP with that cover so you know this sucker is rare with only a couple turning up.

You never know man!! All it takes is 2 dudes with deep pockets (on ebay) wanting this joint. I mean, look at that Blackout record. And that has at least 8 "known" copies.

BTW, Rock - Do you think there are a few of these that just haven't surfaced yet or do you think this is pretty much it??

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    so i'll just wait patiently for the reissue

i've been to gallup. what a shithole

Possum Tom said:

I was on my high school bball & soccer teams and we'd go out there every year to play their team. One game a few of their players got hella salty at us and started a team on team brawl of epic proportions. New mexico is just gee like that sometimes!

Breez said:

BTW, Rock - Do you think there are a few of these that just haven't surfaced yet or do you think this is pretty much it??

Band members and their families have not been able to turn up any copies according to my friend.

I think at this point any copy to be found will be in the wild.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    So nice for the seller to offer free shipping on this item.

musica said:
    Possum Tom said:

I was on my high school bball & soccer teams and we'd go out there every year to play their team. One game a few of their players got hella salty at us and started a team on team brawl of epic proportions. New mexico is just gee like that sometimes!

Apparently the band has Chicano and American Indian members.....is that the stereotypical Gallup demographic?

Rockadelic said:
    musica said:
    Possum Tom said:

Apparently the band has Chicano and American Indian members.....is that the stereotypical Gallup demographic?

I'd say so, probably leaning more to Native. Gallup is surrounded by the Navajo Nation. Really beautiful part of the country, IMO:

Highway 666 starts in Gallup and heads north. :dead:

Off of the highway are the Bisti Badlands, one of the coolest, most surreal places on earth. Google image search that shit!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    antique navajo rugs are pretty rad, and way more expensive than that record

BobDesperado said:

I didn't say he was, and I wasn't trying to jump Rich, I'm sure he knows that. I am just forever fascinated with the secrecy mentality, my natural urge is to share music I find with people, not keep it under wraps.

And I understand the "keep it secret until I can get it reissued" angle, I just can't relate.

so I ask and try to understand.

SoulOnIce said:
    BobDesperado said:

I didn't say he was, and I wasn't trying to jump Rich, I'm sure he knows that. I am just forever fascinated with the secrecy mentality, my natural urge is to share music I find with people, not keep it under wraps.

And I understand the "keep it secret until I can get it reissued" angle, I just can't relate.

so I ask and try to understand.

M*rk.....the reality is that at a certain level of digging the time, money and effort put forth can be rewarded in many ways.

One of the more lucrative ways is to "discover" unknown records and source them...and sometimes subsequently re-issue them.....doing both would be the "Grand Slam" of digging.

Finding one unknown record can pay for entire week long digging excursion if the game is played correctly.

I think you'll admit that I come here and am constantly sharing music I find....and in some cases, when I am sourcing a record, I will share the music but not the information.

Recently I shared an "unknown" LP and received 4 requests for "a scan of the LP jacket".

Why? Well in some cases I imagine they just want to know what they are listening to....in others they simply want a shortcut for them to source the LP themselves.....and I unfortunately know this because it's happened to me.

Some of the wiser dealers that post here and at Waxidermy have told me I am foolish for even posting clips of these unknown records.....and they may be right.

One thing you can take to the bank......everytime someone posts a record like this online, whether it's on ebay or Soulstrut.....and the band info is revealed....someone, if not more than one person, will be trying to contact the band via that info.

• Rockadelic said:

The seller most of read your post because that LP is 1750 now and might go lower.

• New mexico is just gee like that!