SBX!

marumaru 1,450 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
anyone peeped this yet?Highly anticipated DVD documentary about Bronx hip-hop. Focus is on the borough itself and the DITC crew with footage and interviews with Lord Finesse, Show & AG, Percee P, and others. Very notable special feature includes original footage of the legendary Lord Finesse vs Percee P battle circ 1989! Soundtrack by Show and Paul Nice. 31 minutes.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    anyone peeped this yet?

Highly anticipated DVD documentary about Bronx hip-hop. Focus is on the borough itself and the DITC crew with footage and interviews with Lord Finesse, Show & AG, Percee P, and others. Very notable special feature includes original footage of the legendary Lord Finesse vs Percee P battle circ 1989! Soundtrack by Show and Paul Nice. 31 minutes.

My hommie Jun Ohki directed/produced this as a senior project for film school a couple of years ago. It is like a long music video shot in the BX of course. If you are a fan of DITC and Percy P, you will love this. The Finesse and Percy P battles old and new are dope. Paul Nice beats for the soundtrack are on point as usual. Cool movie. I think all Soulstrut folls will enjoy this. Support independent film and BUY the official DVD. Make sure you check out "Yellow Belt Jones" on the website. COMEDY!
    You can check out Jun and DJ K-Prince's crazy website here:

www.bbpbx.com

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Big Chan brought these guys by the crib a few years back and we got to see this back then! Nice to see it finally made it to dvd. It's really good shit from some good guys. Recomended for sure.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I've had the DVD for a month and showed everyone who rolled through the crib. Quality stuff. Don't miss out on the limited edition soundtrack featuring beats from Paul Nice... the Percee P vs. Lord Finesse footage is worth the price of the DVD alone... I think Percee's a bit of a "one trick pony" and Finesse got the upper-hand in the battle!

peace.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Dope! I am definately going to cop this...

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

yup, im sold...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I keep thinking this thread is about Jon Spencers Blues Explosion.

• saw it today.liked it immensely.long live the South Bronx.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Not to mention Edan kills it too!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Not to mention Edan kills it too!

Word. Edan kills it in that club scene.

• per0per0 153 Posts
    Copped it on the big screen. Tidy.