RIP Elizabeth Edwards

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    So sad. My mother lost her battle with cancer last September.

• Sad. She really seemed committed to John's success, too. What a scumbag he turned out to be.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    Sad. She really seemed committed to John's success, too. What a scumbag he turned out to be.

I was thinking the same thing

• thankfully this lady did so many wonderful things, she will not be remembered for her disgusting "husband." RIP

• cookbook said:
    thankfully this lady did so many wonderful things, she will not be remembered for her disgusting "husband." RIP

I decided not to go there.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    BobDesperado said:

Agreed. They are the lowest of the low.

• BobDesperado said:

"And they will know that you are My children by your love."
    There is no love in these people. They are only the misrepresentation of what it means to be Christ-like.

• Options
    incompletejigsaw said:
    BobDesperado said:

There is no love in these people. They are only the misrepresentation of what it means to be Christ-like.

Oh, I don't know. If "Jesus" actually lived and taught that people deserve to be tortured eternally just for not believing in his message, then the Phelps people are genuine messengers on his behalf.

And since that has been the actual message of most of mainstream Christianity throughout its history, maybe the Phelps clan is just guilty of taking the message more seriously than most.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    BobDesperado said:

Oh, I don't know. If "Jesus" actually lived and taught that people deserve to be tortured eternally just for not believing in his message, then the Phelps people are genuine messengers on his behalf.

But Jesus never taught that according to, what I remember from, the Gospels.

• Options
    LaserWolf said:
    BobDesperado said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    BobDesperado said:

You should look again. Matthew 25:41-46:

"41 ???Then he will say to those on his left, ???Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.???

44 ???They also will answer, ???Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you????

45 ???He will reply, ???Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.???

46 ???Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.??? "

Combine that with John 14:6: ""I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.""

Am I missing something?

• BobDesperado said:
    LaserWolf said:
    BobDesperado said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    BobDesperado said:

"41 ???Then he will say to those on his left, ???Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.???

44 ???They also will answer, ???Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you????

45 ???He will reply, ???Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.???

46 ???Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.??? "

Combine that with John 14:6: ""I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.""

Am I missing something?

Yes, but doesn't the Bible also say, "Thou shalt not let moochers into thine hut"

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    LaserWolf said:
    BobDesperado said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    BobDesperado said:

Am I missing something?

Funny, because these are some of my favorite lines.
    I guess I wear filtered lenses when I read these things.

To me the lesson is that we are called upon to Feed the hungry, Clothe those in need, Care for the sick, Help those in Prison and welcome the Stranger.

The meaning is when you help a moocher in your house it is the same as if you had helped Jesus.
    And when you deny someone food or health care it is the same as denying Jesus in his time of need.

This, along with; treat others the way you would want to be treated, is all anyone needs to know about religion.

All that eternal damnation stuff is bullshit and should be ignored.

• Options
    BobDesperado said:
    LaserWolf said:
    BobDesperado said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    BobDesperado said:

Am I missing something?

Funny, because these are some of my favorite lines.
    I guess I wear filtered lenses when I read these things.

To me the lesson is that we are called upon to Feed the hungry, Clothe those in need, Care for the sick, Help those in Prison and welcome the Stranger.

The meaning is when you help a moocher in your house it is the same as if you had helped Jesus.
    And when you deny someone food or health care it is the same as denying Jesus in his time of need.

This, along with; treat others the way you would want to be treated, is all anyone needs to know about religion.

All that eternal damnation stuff is bullshit and should be ignored.

Somehow you don't hear, "That Jesus, what a bullshitter!" much in churches though.