Graemlin purging time

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Nothing personal, but I think the following could be cleared out: (we don't need two) (great idea but seriously, when is this ever going to be used) (call me crazy, but this just seems kind of "eh") (why do we have this again?)And these need gif transparency fixing. and especially Gold medals for these new ones: ::sonned:: And where are our graemlines for:True and/or TruthCo-sign???

Comments

• i don't get the "banned" graemlin. are those boots or ice skates?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

this one needs to go...a new BAN one would be cool, since "BAN!" has it's legitimately funny moments as the "ayo" of political incorrectness, but nobody even understands what this means, and "it ain't 'banned' it's 'BAN,' man!"

please don't get rid of this one! consider it the new "emo rap" icon - little used, rarely used legitimately, but with potential to be used in a genius manner within the right situation...

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    Nothing personal, but I think the following could be cleared out:

(why do we have this again?)

I second that emotion. Change it to Penelope Cruz plaese.

^i just want on the explanation of the imagery behind this one. is a dude on a bench with a laptop? is he checking for crabs? let me know.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    its the cover of that Boz Scaggs record

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts
    Lonely Bob Scaggs. I suppose this is suppose to emulate the lonely feeling peeps have after being told to "go get a sample id somewhere else."

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

I'm ashamed of this one...it makes me want to go to other boards and this is the only one I've ever actually belonged to...I feel soo dirty when I see it.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

And where are our graemlines for:

Co-sign

???

i dont know if this makes much sense, bleh im tired, but i thought that the "don't" and the "stop" signs sort of imply the same connotations, so its like they agree with eachother.... so the visual pun might make sense to anyone besides me,maybe it doesnt, but can't think of any other "signs" right now...anyhow nighty night y'all

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

Co-sign
    ???

i dont know if this makes much sense, bleh im tired, but i though that the "don't" and the "stop" signs sort of imply the same connotations, so the visual pun might make sense to anyone besides me, can't think of any other "signs" right now...anyhow nighty night y'all

More often than not, you makes sense. Right now you are in the "NOT" category..good night.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

haha!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Co-sign is from co-signing, so can we get a little pen writing or something... ?

Yeah the Banned should be BAN and... yeah, first glimpse, I thought it was ice skates. Need one with a little cop or something.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

I like cosine as a visual...

Mmmm...something a little more original than just a pen. saying.

How about some really hot scantily dressed twins saying co-signed. Hah.

How about Penelope and Salma graemlins cosigning?

Peace.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

If you pixelate her, she will come.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Love most of the new stuff. Banned seems a little weaksauce. While I dig the pacman next level, I really think somebody ought to work this image into a next level graemlin.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    your criteria is

i personally really like seeing the post-modern one misused as much as possible. when is anyone ever going to use that correctly? that's why it is funny. when i first saw it i thought it might be a double entendre on all the stupid Modern Soul threads (and a shout out to Ross Hoggy's Post-Modern Soul thread).

(we don't need two)
    (great idea but seriously, when is this ever going to be used)
    (call me crazy, but this just seems kind of "eh")

And these need gif transparency fixing.

and especially

Gold medals for these new ones:
    ::sonned::

True and/or Truth
    Co-sign
    ???

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Love most of the new stuff. Banned seems a little weaksauce. While I dig the pacman next level, I really think somebody ought to work this image into an OVERKILL graemlin.[/b]

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Love most of the new stuff. Banned seems a little weaksauce. While I dig the pacman next level, I really think somebody ought to work this image into an OVERKILL graemlin.[/b]

Ply, I think you're onto to something. Too much of a goodthing might also work.

Oh, I think I'm guilty of "post modern" misusage. I thought it was something potentially unintelligble to any other person, a simlar principle inherent in post-modern thought.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

1/2 ( eiz + e-iz) !!!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    (we don't need two)

and especially

True and/or Truth
    Co-sign
    ???

Man hommie, you must have an assload of free time if you're worrying about purging graemlins. Personally, I think the Salma Hayek one is funny considering how many times that joke has been invoked on this board.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    (we don't need two)

and especially

True and/or Truth
    Co-sign
    ???

• [/quote

that works

[

WINNER.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Man hommie, you must have an assload of free time if you're worrying about purging graemlins. Personally, I think the Salma Hayek one is funny considering how many times that joke has been invoked on this board.

Uh **i, I think we ALL have an assload of free time considering that we spend it here. By the way, I'm not saying BAN! these graemlines but for real, we don't need a zillion of 'em. And someone really should fix the white space around the gifs. looks fucking terrible.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Uh **i, I think we ALL have an assload of free time considering that we spend it here. By the way, I'm not saying BAN! these graemlines but for real, we don't need a zillion of 'em. And someone really should fix the white space around the gifs. looks fucking terrible.

fixed.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

[color:white] Real Headz Know the Deal??? [/color]

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

..i like this one.

• edubedub 715 Posts

[color:white] Real Headz Know the Deal??? [/color]

[color:white] THANKS!!![/color]

I really think this one deserves pemanent status. Props to BigSpliff.

one might say it's indeed