Francois De Roubaix

uttersutters 321 Posts
edited December 2010 in Strut Central
Hi strutters

I've just found this:

http://pauldurango.blogspot.com/2009/03/francois-de-roubaix-megapost-real-200th.html

No giving it the :latte:

I don't want to download it all... Where's the HEAT here? As in Les Dunes D'Ostend type things (that was a 45 only right?)

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Dernier Domicil Connu is cool. I think it's been used in some hip hop tunes. Have you seen any of the films themselves? A few are definitely worthwhile if you speak French or don't mind subtitles.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    nope not seen any of the films

I think i'm quite the film buff but am embarrassed to say i've not heard of any of them. Only really know the famous french directors, godard, truffaut etc

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    vol 2 & 3 are the better in this series

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    am loving what i've heard, reminds me of this:

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• utters said:
    nope not seen any of the films

I think i'm quite the film buff but am embarrassed to say i've not heard of any of them. Only really know the famous french directors, godard, truffaut etc

Le Samoura?? was directed by Jean-Pierre Melville who was a big part of the New Wave with Godard and Truffaut. Roubaix did the soundtrack, cool music, great flick.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    spoonietee said:
    Dernier Domicil Connu is cool. I think it's been used in some hip hop tunes.

And by erm...Robbie Williams.

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    spoonietee said:
    Dernier Domicil Connu is cool. I think it's been used in some hip hop tunes. Have you seen any of the films themselves? A few are definitely worthwhile if you speak French or don't mind subtitles.

I think it was also on one of the dusty fingers comp, great track.

:feelin_it:

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    m_dejean said:
    spoonietee said:
    Dernier Domicil Connu is cool. I think it's been used in some hip hop tunes.

And by erm...Robbie Williams.

Thanks...I was trying to erase this from my memory.

:weaksauce:

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Les Fire Exits (AKA, Francois De Roubaix) - Just Be Cool

Kindly,
    parallax

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I'm watching "Rumrunners" right now (stars Brigitte Bardot and, like "Dernier Domicil Connu", Lino Ventura). FDR did the soundtrack, but it has a decidedly old-timey soundtrack. It has Nancy Holloway in a small role as a Martinique dancer, though.

• l'antarctique is my favourite.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    btw does anyone know how to get hold of the hour-long documentary about him, made for French TV in 2006/7?

It's called 'Fran??ois De Roubaix, L'Aventurier'