New-ish Rock songs (help-related).

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I'm DJing a workout/holiday party for a group that does some intense Crossfit classes. This is what they stated in the email:

"I know our people are sick of our 'regular' songs so it will be nice to have some fresh stuff - we listed to a lot of rap (there will be kids, fyi) as well as foo fighters, godsmack, sick puppies, linkin park, distrubed etc."

I don't really know that type of music so I'm hoping you holmeses can give me some titles to work with. What do you guys rock out to when you're ultimate play-fighting with your boys in the backyard?? ;-)

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Band suggestions:

Anberlin
    Atreyu
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Cake (they have some new material)
    Franz Ferdinand
    Hot Hot Heat
    Louis XIV
    Mayday Parade
    Modest Mouse
    Muse
    O.A.R.
    Paramore
    Phoenix
    Underoath
    Saving Phoenix
    Sugarcult
    Times of Grace
    The Damned Things

• not new at all but sweaty guys working out will probably enjoy it according to the video

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Herm said:
    "I know our people are sick of our 'regular' songs so it will be nice to have some fresh stuff - we listed to a lot of rap (there will be kids, fyi) as well as foo fighters, godsmack, sick puppies, linkin park, distrubed etc."

That list is pretty rough man, good luck

• I'm saying'! That's why I need help!

I just Googled "crossfit workout mix" and came up on a good forum. Thanks everybody!

Almond: Is that your iPod playlist?

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Herm said:
    I'm saying'! That's why I need help!

I just Googled "crossfit workout mix" and came up on a good forum. Thanks everybody!

Almond: Is that your iPod playlist?

Ha, I don't even own an iPod. I used to be fairly in touch with rock music trends and a few of those bands were in my iTunes library before my drive failed. This thread reminds me of the type of music my friends and I listened to as kids, before my interest shifted to classic rock, folk rock, etc.

Please to poast in the heels thread the outfit and kicks you will wear to this gig.

• What do you figure the odds are that you get asked to play "Freebird" or some Cr??e? Probably couldn't hurt to have some early-ish Metallica on hand, I'm guessing.

• total crossfit iron pumping shit

XFUCKYEAX