Black Friday

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
Who else isn't buying SHIT today? Holler.

Others, feel free to post killer deals.

Hey a Friday's still a Friday. Give thanks.

Comments

• ps F.A.D.E.D.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I will not be shopping today. The deals are not that great. On the way to being faded myself. Bourbon, martinins, wine and now more wine.

• Makers washed down with shitty domestic bottled tonight. Calling it quits. But not before a lil leftovers....

• rootlesscosmo said:

Seriously.
    Fuck this consumerist lemming behavior.
    All I intend to shop for today is milk, and I don't expect to stand on line or get caught in a stampede.
    Christmas cheer shouldn't look like a clip from Soylent Green.

• Amazon US are doing first 3 seasons of Madmen on Blu Ray for $9.99 each. Region free for the Euro PS3 heads.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    enhance your thread-browsing experience with this on in the background

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    funky16corners said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

Seriously.
    Fuck this consumerist lemming behavior.
    All I intend to shop for today is milk, and I don't expect to stand on line or get caught in a stampede.
    Christmas cheer shouldn't look like a clip from Soylent Green.

I'm a leader, not a follower:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• i'm buying the most ridiculous shit today that i actually need and would buy, say, tomorrow as well

comforter from ikea
    a new watch battery
    flint for a zippo
    a newer used blackberry from someone on craigslist

• well some record stores are doing some BF stuff... there is limited 200 pressing of The Bug EP, QOTSA first album re-issued and some other garbage i don't care about...

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Only hitting up thrift stores today.

• I aint leaving the house today.

• Bought some dish soap today, that should about do it.

• not buying shitall!
    i will be hitting flea markets up this weekend

• musica said:

Just got home from this. Scooped a dozen or so early paperback pressings of classics and a few ties (no records round my way). Is a non-walmart black friday finds thread worthwhile?

• black friday finds yet?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm buying a loaf of bread and a jar of mayo so I can get started on these turkey fuckin' sandwiches.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    I went to HPB. Semi-successful.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    black friday purchases:

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I went kayaking today and did not see a soul out on the lake. Fuck a Wal-Mart.

spoonietee said:
    musica said:

Just got home from this. Scooped a dozen or so early paperback pressings of classics and a few ties (no records round my way). Is a non-walmart black friday finds thread worthwhile?

I'm down! Reno has some great thrifts!

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I drove past a best buy today on the way to the bank and there was a traffic jam just to get in the parking lot, at 2pm! What the hell do they have that would make people so crazy?

eff all that.

Pulled one of these at a salvation army:

http://www.popsike.com/pix/20100824/230515405288.jpg

crabmongerfunk said:

Don't have a player here at my Aunt's house. Can't wait to smoke one and jam this at my crib!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    That madness is just now beginning to creep up here to Toronto with some stores getting in on the sales and crap.

My purchases today:

-small kingfish dinner with rice and peas at Sunrise at Jane and Falstaff
    -double espresso long and two almond cookies at the Italian bakery whose name I don't know at Jane and Beverly Hills

• my friday was: up at 5 AM, to the airport, fly across the country, get my rental car, go to work all day and night with no time to eat or sit down, collapse at 4AM. my purchases included a newspaper, bottle of water and m&ms; at the airport. was happy to be too busy to even think about what day it was.

• There's a song on that Magic LP called "One Minus Two" that I really like.

• Was at work all day Friday and Saturday so I shopped all my shit today. Got moms, pops, and both sisters covered. I did send a homie to get the Black Friday release of the Black Keys' new LP for wifey and that SJDK 7" boxset for myself. Ended the evening with $2 Alpha Kings over there at Nick's. Black Sunday is my shit.