Thanksgiving Food Strut

AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I've started baking for the big day tomorrow.
-Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
-Vanilla Bean Cake with Strawberry Preserves

Cake pictures coming soon.

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I'm doing a pumpkin cheesecake tart with a crushed pecan crust in a few minutes. Getting ready to brine the turkey in a few. Making orange cranberries tomorrow along with garlic green chlie mashed potatoes and jalapeno cornbread dressing

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I recently tried brining a turkey, cause the meat is usually dry and boring.

Im bringing wine to my mother's. No cookin' this year unfortunately.

• Brunch/early afternoon meal while waiting for the turkey to finish is sweet potato/chipolte biscuits with chiorizo and cilantro gravy...my girl made them for the first time this weekend and they are amazing...can't wait to eat them again!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    My uncle has charged me with bringing glazed carrots and cranberry sauce. I've never made those before, and I'm honestly not a huge fan of either one of them. Any recipes or tips I can use tomorrow morning will be greatly appreciated.

I already have mad baby carrots, and im cooking for 18 people.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Unherd said:
    My uncle has charged me with bringing glazed carrots and cranberry sauce. I've never made those before, and I'm honestly not a huge fan of either one of them. Any recipes or tips I can use tomorrow morning will be greatly appreciated.

Lol. Forget the glaze, I would just put the baby carrots in a large platter with a small bowl of ranch dressing in the middle. You can get cranberry sauce out of a can.

double

PS My cake officially looks like crap. I hope people still eat it.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    pumpkin cheesecake tart with pecan crust

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that looks crazy delicious
    i wish i could have some
    i did an asian turkey
    5spicer ginger rub with hoisin glaze!!!
    i find splashing some white wine, piercing some holes to put garlic in
    and basting as fuck is enough to keep a turkey moist

djdaze said:
    pumpkin cheesecake tart with pecan crust

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Almond said:
    Unherd said:

Lol. Forget the glaze, I would just put the baby carrots in a large platter with a small bowl of ranch dressing in the middle. You can get cranberry sauce out of a can.

Am I detecting a note of sarcasm here Almond?? I'll have you know that I killed it with with these carrots and some slight adjustments to this recipe We also cleared out our local spanish market's supply of homemade cranberry sauce, to cover 18 people. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

And yo Daze, props on that cheesecake, shit looks INCREDIBLE..

• Worked a double today, had a sandwich around 2 PM (restaurant-r). I took home mad stuffing, mashed potatoes, turkey, gravy and bread pudding for wifey and myself when I was done. Finishing a bottle of Cline's Cashmere and hitting the sack to make sure I'm first in line for the Black Friday/Record Store Day things.

Daze, pumpkin tart looks amazing (salivation-r).

Unherd said:
    Almond said:
    Unherd said:

Am I detecting a note of sarcasm here Almond?? I'll have you know that I killed it with with these carrots and some slight adjustments to this recipe We also cleared out our local spanish market's supply of homemade cranberry sauce, to cover 18 people. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

And yo Daze, props on that cheesecake, shit looks INCREDIBLE..

I just thought the carrots and cran were a hilarious combo to be requested to prepare, and like you, I don't care much for either. I'd prefer carrots and ranch to carrots and glaze. Props to you for pulling those recipes off, though.

Minneap--you're married now?