Dondi White

staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
Just noticed thee official Dondi White site is live

the site also has a shop section - people on here have enquired after purchasing Dondi work in the past - they have the excellent book up at the moment but I imagine they'll be selling prints in the future.

DONDICIAKINGS

Comments

• dope as shit!!

i tried to access the site a few weeks ago and couldnt get in...thanx a tun for the headsup on this!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I still have a hard time wrapping my brain around how fucking ahead of his time dude was. Truly next level.

On another note, has anyone seen any of the Collective Slavery works in NY? They're redoing classic NY pieces from the golden age with new names in an effort to promote education, history and literacy. I damn near crashed my car while driving past this one, Dondi related.

People have been like "Oh no graffiti has gone soft" but I think it's a great and worthwhile project on many different levels. And the attention to detail in the homages that they have spent is very impressive. Don't know where to find any of the other flicks online but Googling will sure bring some up.

• Cosmo said:
    I still have a hard time wrapping my brain around how fucking ahead of his time dude was. Truly next level.

On another note, has anyone seen any of the Collective Slavery works in NY? They're redoing classic NY pieces from the golden age with new names in an effort to promote education, history and literacy. I damn near crashed my car while driving past this one, Dondi related.

People have been like "Oh no graffiti has gone soft" but I think it's a great and worthwhile project on many different levels. And the attention to detail in the homages that they have spent is very impressive. Don't know where to find any of the other flicks online but Googling will sure bring some up.

love this, it would have been cool if they got the original artists as well.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    As an 80s kid that grew up on the other sideof the planet absolutly craving any information about American grafitti, the fact that so much knowledge and history can now be accessed with a simple click of a button blows my mind.

Fuckin amazing.

• Cosmo said:

The Hand of Doom redone as Joan of Arc is on the Gowanus canal and can be clearly seen on the F train along the Smith 9th St stop. At first I thought it was someone biting and thought it was a bad look. Then I got forwarded a NYT article on the project. I'm on the fence about it just because I don't think its very good, the Blade they turned into Plato is specifically terrible.

RIP Dondi Style Master

• Cosmo said:

QFE!