Home Recording Strut

2»

Comments

• nrich said:
    yeah, that recording sounds pretty good! Is he doing this full time now?

not full time...he is still working on word of mouth, it's hard to woo a band by showing them your "studio" that consists of a crappy Roland recorder and some mic stands

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    nrich said:
    Raj, how much is a used AKAI MG 614 going for these days? 300-400? Does it use standard cassette tapes?

This is a hard machine to gauge the price. I had saved an eBay search for months and it's came up a few times. One was in NZ and sold BIN at 300... I got mine off a guy in Canada for 4. So 3-4 is a good starting point. It really is the Rolls Royce of 4 tracks and isn't easy to come by. Yes -- it takes regular cassette tapes and the thing is QUIET. The noise reduction is amazing on this thing.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    sweet, I think I'm sold, thanks!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    RAJ said:
    holmes said:
    I haven't been doing much lately because I am waiting on my new record to come from the pressing plant & want to get that all out of my hair before I start recording new stuff. I've been a bit busy to jam with people too because of work. Hopefully over the summer I can get time to play a bit more.

Cool. Do you have any of your music online at all?
    that surf version of Sweet Leaf is cool.

here are minute long snips of the vocal & then instrumental side of my new 45
    http://www.divshare.com/download/12483970-d6c

how do i get the divshare flashplayer to embed on here these days?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    holmes said:

Click share link... embed mp3 >> cut and paste into the post.

RAJ said:
    holmes said:

Click share link... embed mp3 >> cut and paste into the post.
    my laptop must be weird because I did this & just got blank page like this:

• here are minute long snips of the vocal & then instrumental side of my new 45
    http://www.divshare.com/download/12483970-d6c

Put me down for one of those, holmes. Very cool.

• damn that Akai machine is dope...only the second time i have seen one of those...i tried to find one for years...couldnt find one..