Craig Moerer Appreciation

2»

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I know both the_mack and I walked away happy with our $20 copies of the Soul Cop LP from Mr. Moerer

excuse my little dude ness but what is soul cop ?

a mediocre soul / funk LP from Norfolk Virgina with a hype cover!

• I know both the_mack and I walked away happy with our $20 copies of the Soul Cop LP from Mr. Moerer

That doesn't fetch much more than $20.

I have a copy sitting around if anyone wants it.

Beuller?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I know both the_mack and I walked away happy with our $20 copies of the Soul Cop LP from Mr. Moerer

That doesn't fetch much more than $20.

I have a copy sitting around if anyone wants it.

Beuller?

BAN

craig moerer owns your asses.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Soul Cop is like a one tracker. Too many synths on the rest of the tracks ruining ish. Dope cover for sure though.

• Soul Cop is like a one tracker. Too many synths on the rest of the tracks ruining ish. Dope cover for sure though.

cosign. It's definitely worth grabbing, but over-rated cause of slight raer-ity and the fact that Norfolk/Hampton gave birth to so much other good quality soul. (Price increase by association?)

• I mentioned that a few prices Craig listed made me laugh, mostly that was refering to this Clifton Dyson local DC 12" pressing of "Body in Motion" which usually catchs 20-30 at shows MAX and 40-60 on ebay MAX (and it pops up on ebay all the time). Craig wanted 300.00. No hateing towards Craig, but I just wondered where he pulled that price from and what person would actually "buy it now".

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Craig always has the most prestine copies of records I ever see via mail order. Plus, if you look around you can find plenty of deals. A lot of his prices may stun you, but often and e-bay copy will eventually get up to that as well. And you can bet CM's copy is better then the one on e-bay.

A lot of people will get into a bidding war on e-bay and end up paying $300, but when they see something priced at $300 they can't believe it.

I can't hate. Dude has a huge stock. Sure lots of out of stocks, but he does want lists so anything big has 20+ people waiting on it, so get in line. Best shipping, best returns, best grading. Hence premium prices. It's not like he's the only one doing it. Jive Time, TSL, AAA..........

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Soul Cop is like a one tracker. Too many synths on the rest of the tracks ruining ish. Dope cover for sure though.

What is the "one track?" I ask because I have weight on a 45 by dude, and if it's the good track I'll be adding it to my trade list I am slowly getting ready...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i like atleast 3 trakcs on there. "Too Many Nites", "Frankies got it" and the one ballad type joint are all good IMO

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

What is the "one track?" I ask because I have weight on a 45 by dude, and if it's the good track I'll be adding it to my trade list I am slowly getting ready...
    Frankies got it is a cool track.

• i like atleast 3 trakcs on there. "Too Many Nites", "Frankies got it" and the one ballad type joint are all good IMO

I think honestly I probably only listen to 2 tracks on the regular.

• Craig always has the most prestine copies of records I ever see via mail order. Plus, if you look around you can find plenty of deals. A lot of his prices may stun you, but often and e-bay copy will eventually get up to that as well. And you can bet CM's copy is better then the one on e-bay.

A lot of people will get into a bidding war on e-bay and end up paying $300, but when they see something priced at $300 they can't believe it.

I can't hate. Dude has a huge stock. Sure lots of out of stocks, but he does want lists so anything big has 20+ people waiting on it, so get in line. Best shipping, best returns, best grading. Hence premium prices. It's not like he's the only one doing it. Jive Time, TSL, AAA..........

Agreed, but in the 300.00 case I referenced, it's NEVER gone even to half that in any bidding war ever. Hence the comedy.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Craig always has the most prestine copies of records I ever see via mail order. Plus, if you look around you can find plenty of deals. A lot of his prices may stun you, but often and e-bay copy will eventually get up to that as well. And you can bet CM's copy is better then the one on e-bay.

Agreed, but in the 300.00 case I referenced, it's NEVER gone even to half that in any bidding war ever. Hence the comedy.

Yea, sorry I shouldn't have used that number cuz I didn't mean to reffer to you. I'm still reeling of the $680 Starcrost. It's true he has stuff that's high. But he's catering to the collector who wants the perfect copy and will spend the money. I think too that the game has changed a little with all the overseas buyers. Some of the prices we (USA) think are crazy are normal in a different country. I'm sure the opposite is true. I got a copy of Titanic from a European dealer for $20. I'm sure people over here would charge $50-75.

Anyhow my point is that some places have to have high prices as a defensive method. If they don't overseas dealers will buy them out and go back to their coutry and charge 2-3x as much. Sucks, but it happens. I've been in Jive Time when a Japaneese dealer is just pileing up the records to take back.