Jay Elect Signs to the Roc

TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
Happy to see Jay Electronica get some big money conpensation for his talent, just hope it's the beginning and not the beginning of the end for my favorite lyricist of late.

Comments

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

• awesome to see jay (e) put puffy in his place.

• cookbook said:
    awesome to see jay (e) put puffy in his place.

you mean, "the circular file"?

• Does this mean he'll be finally dropping an album?

• here's 1 of the 2 brand new tracks he released too, with Jay & The-Dream on It. Called "Shiny Suit Theory". I dig it, but I like anything w/The Ambassadors in the beat...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I've defeinitely heard some Jay Electronica that I like, but that right^^^ there has to be some of the most flatly boring rapping ever.

b/w

I Got a Love.

• 99Problems said:
    Does this mean he'll be finally dropping an album?

getting a signing bonus would imply "yes", or else that is a miserable investment.

or maybe jay elec will go down as rap's version of a pog.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    WTF is up with taking a potentially awesome sample source and creating something really fucking boring out of it?

See also this: http://nahright.com/news/2010/11/08/ghostface-killah-together-baby/

That's the *best* someone could do with "Together"? Fuck that.

• mannybolone said:
    WTF is up with taking a potentially awesome sample source and creating something really fucking boring out of it?

See also this: http://nahright.com/news/2010/11/08/ghostface-killah-together-baby/

That's the *best* someone could do with "Together"? Fuck that.
    THIS

that was a lazy ass beat.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    BTW: I would have been far happier if Ghost just rapped over the full length of "Together" (or Jay E over "I Ain't Got the Love") then spitting over a beat even I could have put together in 1 minute.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    Happy to see Jay Electronica get some big money conpensation for his talent, just hope it's the beginning and not the beginning of the end for my favorite lyricist of late.

Live Nation owns him now. I hope it works out well for him.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    BTW: I would have been far happier if Ghost just rapped over the full length of "Together" (or Jay E over "I Ain't Got the Love") then spitting over a beat even I could have put together in 1 minute.

The Ghostface track has one of the most akward segues from intro to beat ever, right up there with that Wu-Massacre 'Our Dreams" track, maybe thats the new Wu sound????

peace,xavier

• haze25 said:

right up there with that Wu-Massacre 'Our Dreams" track, maybe thats the new Wu sound????

Yeah thats some really slack/careless/weak production - I was disappointed by the album in general.