Shanghai peeps?? Japan??

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
Heading out to China for the first time to do some shows throughout December... what's the scoop. Need some recommends. Not records, just general stuff to see... also gunna be in Japan again and wherever else books... hit me with the scoop, also any Strutters in Shanghai... that's one place where I have no hommies, and I'm 1/2 Chinese DAMMIT!

thanks in advance.

peace.

Comments

• You working with Gary or Katrina?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Neither! Some commercial ass club on the strength that I was a "Ministry of Sound" resident DJ... lol.

I hit Gary up and Einstein and the hommies dropped me a reference, but he wasn't too interested. Even had J-Zone willing to come out and do the tour with me too... :(

Anyhows, any hookups for extra gigs or if you know the real heads out there, I'm willing to do that shit on the low key$ or free $teeze...

peace.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    djsheep said:
    Neither! Some commercial ass club on the strength that I was a "Ministry of Sound" resident DJ... lol.

I hit Gary up and Einstein and the hommies dropped me a reference, but he wasn't too interested. Even had J-Zone willing to come out and do the tour with me too... :(

Anyhows, any hookups for extra gigs or if you know the real heads out there, I'm willing to do that shit on the low key$ or free $teeze...

peace.

Sheep: Gary might be a bit gunshy after getting burned by a few flaky ass rapper types but let me holler at him What dates you out there?

• hit up those shelter cats. i know gary does stuff there, but there's other folks who might be able to lead you into another direction.
    hit me on PM and i'll see what's up.

mannybolone said:
    Sheep: Gary might be a bit gunshy after getting burned by a few flaky ass rapper types but let me holler at him What dates you out there?

Damn, I hear you about people gettin' burned. As soon as some people get off a plane to another country, they all about the hustle.

My commercial gigs are on the 17th and 18th of December, but I can be there anytime earlier. I am down for the cause man, if he wants me to do DJ workshops or play a set, I can be there the week before... cheers Oliver for the heads up... I'll definitely make it to the Shelter, it's already been on the list!

Seriously, no folks on here got recommends for food/sightseeing/travel tips or nothin' on Shanghai... damn, since the titty ban, the new Strut got soft!! LOL.

b

• Rapper types!! Dude. We are talking about a well known DJ and in another instance one part of a rap group. Plaeze to respect the rael.

Sheep hit me on the pm hommy.

China is the shit! You can't go wrong.

• i'll have aser report to this thread. we ate some dope food spots there. wok'd my world.

• Sheep I dont think you have any idea of how fucked people have treated these promoters. TO THA PM DAWN

4YearGraduate said:
    Sheep I dont think you have any idea of how fucked people have treated these promoters. TO THA PM DAWN

I'm about to PM you. That's fucked up... you know about what Tim Dog did in Australia right... that's a whole other thread. Maybe the hommie Loko can drop science. Shit happens here too, no offence, but American rappers and DJs get off the plane out here and take advantage all the time, women get fucked over, promoters get fucked over... in a whole different light to what they would do say in LA, New York or whatever.... But this situation sounds SERIOUSLY. FUCKED! Whatever I can do to help Gary out, I'm down...

• yeah word. I'm going to get on the pm right now to replace my mouth but for all lurkers and viewers I'm going to say this:

Some American entertainers/dj's/mc's etc. seem to think that business in other countries is somehow less significant because the almighty american is the saving grace of their pitiful international musical existence. This attitude has deaded alot of potentially great tours/shows and fucked over alot of genuine promoters trying to do something good for their local scene in alot of countries where people have struggled to even be in the position to fly a mutha@@@a over. It makes it hard for the .001% of us who tour the world genuinely to wade through the US disasters of the past.

To all those promoters, keep the faith, to all those US dudes, fuck you. to everyone else... g'day, k.i.m.

• Oh yeah, and you stupid ass, depends wearing washed up US rappers who insist on being paid in cash and don't have a passport and can't figure out what the fuck an international work visa is kill yourself. You ruined it for the rest of us.

thumbs up to your comments. Spot on. Mutherfuckers be on some "we need $10,000" shit, I'm like "huh?"... this is Australia, we're going to have 200 people coming to see your washed up ass.

Anyhows, in saying that, there are good people out there doing good things on the travelling tip, and those are the artists who usually make it on tour more than once or twice, eg; Ugly Duckling, Cosmo, etc. I seen them many times around the world doing shows, so they know what's up with being good workers and "REALISTIC".

peace.

• 4YearGraduate said:

China is the shit! You can't go wrong.
    Get lost off the popular / tourist track (not that the popular things aren't worth seeing). Wander around early in the a.m. and see what people are eating for breakfast / doing. And walk, walk, walk....

• umm, you mean like the great wall at sunrise in the middle of a snowstorm?

4:07

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Seriously, no folks on here got recommends for food/sightseeing/travel tips or nothin' on Shanghai... damn, since the titty ban, the new Strut got soft!! LOL.

b

Son, You KNOW I got you. I'll post/PM a whole list of food spots and stuff to do.

Thes, I'ma hit you back after these exams on Friday, you too Chan. You gunna be out there the same time?? Let's get up man!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    B,

Had to cancel my trip. Was going to be in Shanghai next week. I think I'll be there in the spring. I need to come visit Australia too!

Kenny's out here for our final ever "Terntable Jediz" reunion/show and his birthday around Feb 20.... you down?

b

If anyone knows of anything going on, festivals, fun stuff, whatever here are my dates; holler Asian strutters. Japan is on lock, but those on the board who I haven't met, please to holleur.

DATES DECEMBER;
    Tokyo - 6th - 13th
    Beijing - 14th - 16th
    Shanghai - 17/18 (shows)
    Shanghai 19/20/21/22

peace.