Pat Metheny Does Not Heart Kenny G

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Latte Pas

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    shitz old

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    when was Pat Metheny relevant again?
    dudes both commit hair crimes & music crimes.

vs

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    holmes said:
    when was Pat Metheny relevant again?
    dudes both commit hair crimes & music crimes.

vs

BOOOLLL SHEEEETTTT.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    I prefer the one GORELICK's output. He had a tight live band, it had Bruce Carter out of Pleasure on drums and Vail Johnson on bass and they grooved, sorry.

Methane-ey is too hokey and he turned in Zero Tolerance for Silence which is a fucking intentional coffee mat.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    I prefer the one GORELICK's output. He had a tight live band, it had Bruce Carter out of Pleasure on drums and Vail Johnson on bass and they grooved, sorry.

Methane-ey is too hokey and he turned in Zero Tolerance for Silence which is a fucking intentional coffee mat.

Kenny G's first album is OK in a Najee/Gerald Albright/Walter Beasley kind of way, but no better than that. I can name two or three average David Sanborn albums that shit all over Kenny G at his absolute zenith. Anyway, after that first album, it was a slow, steady descent into smooth jazz terdery. I think we can all agree on that.

I have trouble actually listening to Zero Tolerance For Silence, admittedly, but then I have to be in the mood for noise music. When I am, though, I can genuinely enjoy it.

This is the best bit of writing on ZT4S that I've ever come across, especially this bit;

"I recall reading an interview where Metheny explained the title of this album came from being sick of listening to the radio. Instead of turning it off, he???d dial into the static between stations and blast that as loud as possible. He said he found it soothing."

I understand exactly what he means.