Master of the Mix

soul_lurkersoul_lurker 99 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
http://www.masterofthemix.com/home.aspx?eid=d0af5227-34b7-4f68-a44e-4e2652a37fcb

What's the verdict ??? Trainwreck or nah?
Thought I would have time to check this out, but I gots no time ...whatdayathink?

Comments

• R E A L L Y ???

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    DJ Rap is fine as hell!!

• I'm feelin' Alex the Mixologist

• i went with rich medina to the casting call.... didnt know what i thought about it then.

i think its wack to have different style djs that would never really be on the same bill compete.

not like rich, scratch, or revolution is going to be killing it at ministry of sound any time soon...and dj rap certainly isnt going to be playing the do over. the 1st episode i thought was ok... considering just went at jazzy joyce the same way i would have... she just played it safe and current southern style "hits"... which any dj can do. ether boy... really ?
    other dude playing black eyed peas lady gaga rubbish.
    its all over the place. if needs divisions like boxing for it to be correct.

it had a chance to be good. i didnt see rev get kicked off, but knowing that happened...it made me lose interest.

• Hard to imagine REV not doing well...but I kinda like the idea of a challenge forcing a DJ to play out of his/ her element.

• Hard to imagine REV not doing well...but I kinda like the idea of a challenge forcing a DJ to play out of his/ her element.

• soul_lurker said:
    Hard to imagine REV not doing well...but I kinda like the idea of a challenge forcing a DJ to play out of his/ her element.

i think that works only to a degree. look at the judges, they are hip hop djs. you think kid capri or just has any idea of what the biggest techno records are ?
    wtf... wheres the judges that represent each dj in the battle ?
    truth is, not many djs can play all music well and program it to make sense out of transitions.

youd never see ali vs pacman, yet both are champs.

dj rap talking about playing festivals for 50k people.... rocking with carl cox playing hard ass techno, thats a toooooootal different world then ether boy and black eyed peas, katie perry vegas rubbish (which imo opinion doesnt take much to play)
    dj wise only fans of particular music are going to know whos really killing it, not some random vegas mainstream crowd.

seems a bit set up like grammys, bogus.. metallica in the same category as jethro tull type shit.
    both bands competing for an award yet they are out of their elements...not fair.

bass drop bass drop....

rev vs scratch ... cool that was fair, but look what happened.
    i think it should be like this... joe claussell vs danny krivit.

its good to see the homies do it up... but thats about it.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    is this on tv at all? how the hell do i watch it online? they keep asking me to "connect with facebook" for "VIP access". Douches.

• You guys sound like a bunch of Baby Kid Capris in here. ;-)

b/w

Obviously, Smirnoff is the REAL master of the mix.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Seems like a big Smirnoff commercial, not really that entertaining. " If I made a "DJ" reality show, the 1st challenge would be trying to get paid at 3 am from a coked up promoter." just saying or how about feed the contestants drinks and see who can hold down the longest set without running to the bathroom, and if they do go who picks the best bath room song, etc. I don't think there's any reality to this show at all. Cause in real life Scratch and Revolution would wax any of those Djs in a battle format including the judges. Not to take anything away from them but Kid Curpri and Just Blaze criticizing these djs seems strange. DJ Rap is totally out of place in the show, yeah she's pretty and all but they shouldn't be letting no CDjs on there, cmon son. I hope Scratch wins so he can go buy 45s. Let's not even touch on the subject of this show basically promoting alcoholism.

• RAW_HAMBURGER said:

i think its wack to have different style djs that would never really be on the same bill compete.

yes. i think a better idea for a tv show would be to follow the same djs as they tour and give the audience snippets of their sets and the crowd's reaction.

for this type of show, you wouldn't want 5 of the same type of djs. it would be cool to see what makes people go nuts at a rich medina show, as compared to dj rap, dj scratch, etc.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    YNOT said:
    DJ Rap is totally out of place in the show, yeah she's pretty and all but they shouldn't be letting no CDjs on there, cmon son.

Just for the record, Rap came up using vinyl, like every other DJ on the rave scene over here BITD. Don't go assuming that she's one of these glamourpusses who only started in the CDJ era. She's been around a long time, and has put in some serious work down the years. Not saying she's the greatest in her field or anything, but she has - to use the old cliche - paid her dues.