Chilly?

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
It's getting cold in LA, i'm just sayin.

:bizzo:

Comments

• 50.4??F in Halifax today....blue skies as far as i can see but its been raining and mad windy here for weeks...todays the first nice day we've has since mid Sept

• dj_cityboy said:
    50.4??F in Halifax today....blue skies as far as i can see but its been raining and mad windy here for weeks...todays the first nice day we've has since mid Sept

it was 17c in antigonish last week. what up with that?

• ^^ yeah man, its were we catch mild days from time to time like that, but it just down pours all damn day and night non stop, theres been some crazy flooding here as well just in the last week...

fail on the east coast weather

• dj_cityboy said:
    50.4??F in Halifax today....blue skies as far as i can see but its been raining and mad windy here for weeks...todays the first nice day we've has since mid Sept

fwiw, I've been trying to play Halifax for years. Heard there was a solid scene up there (or at least there was a few years ago)

• 4YearGraduate said:
    dj_cityboy said:

fwiw, I've been trying to play Halifax for years. Heard there was a solid scene up there (or at least there was a few years ago)

hali's scene is more band friendly than dj friendly from what I've gathered in my numerous visits. however, they DID produce the one skratch bastid.

I HIGHLY endorse visiting the 'fax for either business or pleasure. i could even put you up on a gig if i made some calls.

im going back for the third time this year in late november.

• yeah man...the scene went crazy years ago....hell i stopped playing hiphop and turned in a rave dj for a few years, but that scene here washed away really quick, the hiphop scene here is still pretty ill, thanx to people like sixtoo and buck65 and jorun and the scratchbastid and a gang of other older school peeps, and it still continues today, there are a lot of places that have weekly hiphop nights, dubstep nights, jungle/dnb nights

although we do get slept on for a lot of things, the last 10 or 15 years i've watch the scene completely changed, more people should come here and check it out imho

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Toronto is having one of the most beautiful autumns in memory.

Brilliant sunny days - acid blue skies and glowing orange, yellow and red trees.
    Windy, crisp cinematic evenings.
    I know it won't last, but I am happy for what we're having now.

• bassie said:
    Toronto is having one of the most beautiful autumns in memory.

Brilliant sunny days - acid blue skies and glowing orange, yellow and red trees.
    Windy, crisp cinematic evenings.
    I know it won't last, but I am happy for what we're having now.

huge cosine.

im seeing droves of families out for evening strolls and kids playing street hockey more or less every day of the week.

and as someone who does alot of his work outside, this mild, indian summer has found it's number one fan in yours truly.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    After a week in Arizona it's hard adjusting to the rain, cold and DARK. Especially the dark.

• LaserWolf said:
    cold and DARK. Especially the dark.

yeah waking up in the dark and going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark is a huge upset...

i hate this time of year for that...its dark at freeking 5pm here now...ugh!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    LaserWolf said:
    cold and DARK. Especially the dark.

yeah waking up in the dark and going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark is a huge upset...

i hate this time of year for that...its dark at freeking 5pm here now...ugh!

I am not a morning person at all, the time change making it so it's bright when I get up makes a huge difference to me. I don't mind it being dark early - it might be an issue if I had young kids walking home or soemthing - but it being light early helps my sleepy 6.30 AM ass a lot.

• It's been chilly. I like it, I get to bust out my real soft flannels. Today looks nice.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Over here in AMsterdam its Cold, dark and windy.

flannel, winter jacket, gloves, beanie.

gonna be a long one.

• 3??C/37.4??F here right now. It snowed for the first time this year yesterday, too. :icegrill:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    NYC is nice today - clear

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    B-More right now at 2:50 PM: Extremely sunny, very blue sky, 60 degrees. Beautiful day!! The perfect drinking weather. But then again.....

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• :beerbang: