gold strut

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
i know nothing
but the shit keeps on growing and the IMF dude is calling for a return to the gold standard
i know the strut loves this topic so
who's regretting who is ballin
GO!

Comments

• I don't think gold will prove to be a great investment against future economic uncertainty/meltdown.

It's not as rare as the mongers would have you believe, and it's quite overvalued right now - strictly as a result of speculation. Remember what happened to oil prices a couple years ago? The exact thing could easily happen to gold.

If there is any wide scale economic collapse gold will lose much of it's value.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    I don't think gold will prove to be a great investment against future economic uncertainty/meltdown.
    What could be a better investment than something that has proven to be a store of value since the beginning of mankind?

It's not as rare as the mongers would have you believe
    Citation needed.

it's quite overvalued right now - strictly as a result of speculation.
    Everything is overvalued right now. Gold prices reflect that.

Remember what happened to oil prices a couple years ago? The exact thing could easily happen to gold.
    Not with the way governments across the world are printing and spending right now.

If there is any wide scale economic collapse gold will lose much of it's value.
    Value denominated in what?

• Hey Brain:

I have a DEAL for YOU! Hit me up!

(Tulips.....shhhhh)

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Yo compro oro

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Go for it. I've got two words for you: "ass doubloons."

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Heroin is where you want to be. You can't shoot, snort, or smoke gold.

• rookrook 357 Posts
    gold will summit at 2000US on January 1st, 2012. then of course the world will explode, and gold will be distributed across the cosmos just as it was 13.75 billion of years ago.

-paraphrase of a conversation i had this evening with our department boss

• Options
    I feel you'd earn a better percentage by buying shares of Freeport McMoran.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    My Logitech stock has been looking good lately ( :hi: Sween)

• Based on what I've seen, the best course of action right now would be to go short on McRibs.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Canned food and shotguns