Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    It woulda been great of dude to mention the group and/or title.

• The_Non said:
    It woulda been great of dude to mention the group and/or title.
    yeah, especially if hes going to start the bidding at $99. hopefully, someone on here will recognize it from the soundclip.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I can't see or hear it on my phone right now. But not He 6 right?

• DOR said:
    I can't see or hear it on my phone right now. But not He 6 right?
    I don't think it is, it doesn't really sound like them. But I could be wrong.

• Doesn't sound like HE6 to me either. The bassline and bass sound and discoid drumming make me think this is late 70s.

I'm really distrustful of any seller that won't reveal what he is selling. The few times I've figured out secret squirrels on my own, it's always been a case of the seller attempting to get a lot more than going rate for a record based on the mystique he creates. I simply will not buy "secret" records on principle, no matter how rad the sample.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    HerringAndVodka said:
    The few times I've figured out secret squirrels on my own, it's always been a case of the seller attempting to get a lot more than going rate for a record based on the mystique he creates.

But that's the whole point about secret squirrelling: Cashing in on your knowledge of a common record nobody knows to have heat. A myth is a valuable selling point equally as rareness. So if there's people willing to pay OK with me.
    (Still, I also wouldn't bid on secret squirrels because I know I'll overpay on a common record.)

• disco_che said:
    But that's the whole point about secret squirrelling: Cashing in on your knowledge of a common record nobody knows to have heat. A myth is a valuable selling point equally as rareness. So if there's people willing to pay OK with me.
    (Still, I also wouldn't bid on secret squirrels because I know I'll overpay on a common record.)

I understand mythmaking as a selling tool, but I guess it just feels borderline sketchy to me. From a seller's wallet's point of view it's great, though.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    HerringAndVodka said:
    disco_che said:

I understand mythmaking as a selling tool, but I guess it just feels borderline sketchy to me. From a seller's wallet's point of view it's great, though.

Obviously, as a buyer, I prefer full info, mostly so I can go around the seller and find it cheaper on my own. But ethically, so long as the seller isn't deliberately misleading the buyer (i.e. trying to pass off a reissue as an OG), I don't see what's wrong with it. Especially if they're providing sound clips, you can evaluate claims of 1) sound quality and 2) song quality. No seller is obligated to have to share how rare or common a record actually is.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Keep in mind that we're talking about a Korean record here. Oodles of these records have no english words (or even the same alphabet) on them whatsoever, so that could be the reason for the lack of helpful information from the seller. Personally, I've wondered how best to generate interest in some of my unidentified Korean records on ebay.

• HerringAndVodka said:
    I simply will not buy "secret" records on principle, no matter how rad the sample.

I generally don't like this either, but the one time I bit I got the Atomic Forest record for $250 the first time it came up on ebay.

Never say never.

• Horseleech said:
    HerringAndVodka said:
    I simply will not buy "secret" records on principle, no matter how rad the sample.

I generally don't like this either, but the one time I bit I got the Atomic Forest record for $250 the first time it came up on ebay.

Never say never.
    Damn.....so are you planning on reissuing it?

• dial9dial9 10 Posts
    Honestly.. the album is not that worth..

Here is full information about the album

http://blog.naver.com/arpuer?Redirect=Log&logNo=100041565377

The group is called "Key Brothers" and the leader was the drummer in the group, "Key Boys" during
    60's..

personally, their first album would be that worth people should pay over 200$..

http://www.paxmusic.co.kr/html/images/1206530.jpg

• bobtheorange said:
    Horseleech said:
    HerringAndVodka said:

Never say never.
    Damn.....so are you planning on reissuing it?

Well, I put the title cut on Obsession.

Honestly, I've wrestled with this for a while but the fact is that half of this record is incredible and the other half straight up blows. The other thing is that licensing is a nightmare. The only person really entitled to royalties, Keith Kanga, died years ago with no surviving relatives, and the record label probably never owned the rights. No known member of Atomic Forest (a lot of people came and went) says that they played on the recordings. In fact, they were all astonished that AF had ever released a record! (The band name only appears in tiny letters on the back cover).

But a well known reissue kingpin has been in touch with me on the subject and it is very likely that a release of the best cuts and some related material will happen...

• dial9 said:

haha.. knew you guys would crack it.

• dial9 said:

http://blog.naver.com/arpuer?Redirect=Log&logNo=100041565377

The group is called "Key Brothers" and the leader was the drummer in the group, "Key Boys" during
    60's..

personally, their first album would be that worth people should pay over 200$..

http://www.paxmusic.co.kr/html/images/1206530.jpg
    THANKS!!

heres the Korean name for the artist/album for anyone interested:
    ??????????????? - ?????? ??????