Let's talk COFFEE and ENERGY DRINKS (nrr)

2»

Comments

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I'm at 24 ounces a day and sometimes at 4 or 5 am... I'm using that raw german suger from Teavana...

• Sween said:
    cove said:
    coffee addicts are so annoying.

It's true, we all pretty much suck.

I don't even know when I became an addict. Come from a family of coffee drinkers. Guess it became a regular morning habit in high school.

I realized one day, in my 30's!!!! that I hadn't gone a day without caffeine since then.

I'd had a shit day full of drama from the early a.m. and never got to my morning cuppa joe (or tea). In fact I forgot about the coffee - that's why I didn't have any all day.

Went to bed that night, and then woke up in the middle of the night with a screaming headache. It was so bad I got nauseous. I ended up crawling to the toilet with my head throbbing with every heartbeat and puking explosively.

It was then that I first pondered my relationship with caffeine. And realized that I hadn't had a day without in decades. Even on camping trips, I made sure to bring some sort of coffee....not cuz i thought I was an addict who needed it. But because, who wouldn't want coffee in the a.m on a camping trip?

I cut back for a minute or so after the projectile vomiting. Now I'm back in the saddle.

And, 'energy' drinks are disgusting! I don't drink coolaid or cough syrup for pleasure either.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    You know green tea has more caffeine than coffee ? It just releases into your body slower so you don't notice it as much.
    I found the morning craving had a lot to do with the sugar that went with the coffee. So i stopped having sugar and didn't feel so much of a craving. I went from not being able to function with a cup to just having a desire for.
    I quit coffee a few years back for about 3 months and felt really good. although a can of coke would have me peaking off my dial.