Birmingham(AL that is) Record Show August 2021

juniorstarjuniorstar 21 Posts
edited August 2005 in Announcements
2005 Record & CD Show Saturday, August 20th, 9am-5pmSunday, August 21st, 10am-4pm@ THE CEDARS CLUB301 GREEN SPRINGS AVE S, BIRMINGHAM, AL 35205Regular Admission: $3.00I've been checking them out for years pretty cool stuff-some a bit pricey.....last year i caught a guy outside in the parking lot practically giving stuff away-anyone coming to town hit me @juniorstar@urbanham.com so us Soul Strutters (even tho i'm a newbie) can link up...JS

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    2005 Record & CD Show
    Saturday, August 20th, 9am-5pm
    Sunday, August 21st, 10am-4pm
    @ THE CEDARS CLUB
    301 GREEN SPRINGS AVE S, BIRMINGHAM, AL 35205

Regular Admission: $3.00

I've been checking them out for years pretty cool stuff-some a bit pricey.....last year i caught a guy outside in the parking lot practically giving stuff away-anyone coming to town hit me @juniorstar@urbanham.com so us Soul Strutters (even tho i'm a newbie) can link up...

JS
    Hey man, I'm about 3 to 4 hours from Birmingham. Hit me on the PM's, famlee.
    Peace.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    is this the big Birmingham show? or another rinky dinky one like the one i drove 4+ hours to in April?

might consider the trip depending.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    2005 Record & CD Show

Saturday, August 20th, 9am-5pm

Sunday, August 21st, 10am-4pm

@ THE CEDARS CLUB

301 GREEN SPRINGS AVE S, BIRMINGHAM, AL 35205

Regular Admission: $3.00

I've been checking them out for years pretty cool stuff-some a bit pricey.....last year i caught a guy outside in the parking lot practically giving stuff away-anyone coming to town hit me @juniorstar@urbanham.com so us Soul Strutters (even tho i'm a newbie) can link up...

JS

Hey man, I'm actually about 3 hours from Birmingham.

• .not sure which one you went to-this one sits on top of a hill next to a park on Green Springs/University Ave. There was a hotel joint that I missed cuz I was outta town could be one or the other.
    ????????????
    JS

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    birmingham has one large show with supposedly a decent amount of dealers.

i'm wondering if this is the one.

the one i went to was actually in bessemer.

• This would be the one-there's some decent dealers-the legendary (and legendarily priced) OZ from Philly used to deal at this one. he used to have the super rare impossible to find, nice to look at and not buy $200 pieces...

Alot of James and JBs, funk, old jazz, 45s, no hip hop, memoribilia, you know how it is....I've came out of there with some nice (nothing tooo rare) pieces since i moved down here-about 2 years ago.

JS

• I see you're diggin pretty deep-i've found a few gems in Bessemer!on any given day you can catch someone at the weekly flea market with a nice soul stack...but it seems that you caught a different show...i MUST give it up to you for even checking out Bessemer-that's the DUuuRTEE DUuuRTEE SOUF right therre!

JS

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    nah. bessemmer was not dirty south.

Dirty South was the gypsy camp flea market with a stall selling a Japanees Pigmie Goatt. In addition to all the pitball puppies, sheep, and hens for sale. northern alabama is something else.