Competitive Digging?

2»

Comments

• SoulOnIce said:
    I had this happen recently, luckily it was a punk collection I was only lukewarm about, and the 3 others were people I was at least friendly with or closer, so there was only mild competition. Although at one point I was like "where did I leave that Wolfbrigade 10"?" and realized it was in my friend's pile, and was all "yo - I pulled that!"

there was an annoying sale a couple of years ago, where a guy was going to sell off his collection in his garage and had an ad saying where and when and STRICTLY NO EARLYBIRDS NO EXCEPTIONS and when I pulled up in my car 5 minutes before the "start time" there were 4 guys, all local collectros/dealers that I know, all with huge piles of records next to them, almost done going through everything. I pulled a couple decent things, but I could see what these dudes had and there was some great stuff of course. And I laughed after watching them all haggle the shit out of dude on records he was already only selling for $1-$4 each, thinking he screwed himself by letting them in before me because I would have paid his price with minimal negotiation, for most of the same records.
    That was dude in Somerville right? He let dudes come over the night before too!!! WEAKSAUCE

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    axefoley said:

That was dude in Somerville right? He let dudes come over the night before too!!! WEAKSAUCE

haha this WAS the night before - but he put it in the Craig's List ad that there was a short "preview" the night before at 6PM, "NO EARLY BIRDS" and these dudes were let in at 5:00 or whatever. It was extra annoying because he had advertised the sale the week before as 9AM on Saturday, and I woke up and drove straight out there (a decent drive as you know, dude was on the Arlington border) and there's nothing going on ... I ring the doorbell and this chick comes out and says "it's called off cause of the rain" ... but it wasn't raining and though it was in the forecast it never did rain all day long. Hilariously, the next week at the night time "preview" I posted about, it was pouring rain out and we were dodging leaks in the garage while going through boxes ... ?

• SoulOnIce said:
    axefoley said:

haha this WAS the night before - but he put it in the Craig's List ad that there was a short "preview" the night before at 6PM, "NO EARLY BIRDS" and these dudes were let in at 5:00 or whatever. It was extra annoying because he had advertised the sale the week before as 9AM on Saturday, and I woke up and drove straight out there (a decent drive as you know, dude was on the Arlington border) and there's nothing going on ... I ring the doorbell and this chick comes out and says "it's called off cause of the rain" ... but it wasn't raining and though it was in the forecast it never did rain all day long. Hilariously, the next week at the night time "preview" I posted about, it was pouring rain out and we were dodging leaks in the garage while going through boxes ... ?
    GAS FACE=BOZACK