Odd Documentary Question (NRR)

shawnald_reaganshawnald_reagan 318 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I saw the preview for some documentary about some war vet (maybe Iraq or Afghanistan) who came back to the states and started making some fictional life for himself by using like, G.I. Joe's, and taking pictures of them waterboarding each other and other horrible war scenes. There was also something about him portraying himself as one of these dolls/toys and marrying another doll/toy. I was trying to catch the title but somebody distracted me and I missed the name of the joint. Any chance any of you strutters can decipher my vague description of this film and tell me what the name of it is?

Comments

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    yes, the documentary is called Marwencol, and it's every bit as excellent as you'd hope it could be. It won the top documentary award at its premiere in SXSW 2010, and deserved it.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    man, i gotta see this

• thank you onetet, that is the one I was thinking of. here's the trailer:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    man, i gotta see this

• That part in the trailer where he talks about Marwencol being the last thing that he didn't want taken from him definitely hit me. It's something in the sound of his voice that made him seem vulnerable and it did something to me. I'm trying to find out when it opens in DC, but I HAVE to see this. I have to bring some friends, too.