showandtellshowandtell 97 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• That is tragic.

• Only two years more than O.J.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    Only two years more than O.J.

You sound painfully white. OJ ain't got shit to do with this.

• The_Non said:
    painfully white..

Is there any other kind?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    You do it justice homie!

• I'm straying into ban territory aren't I.

I agree. That sentence is crazy for what he did. It isn't going to end well.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I like what fatherhood has done for you.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

• bassie said:
    I like what fatherhood has done for you.

I no longer feel the need to make every thread about me.

• Options
    I'm surprised he even got two years. Cops usually walk in even more disgusting cases.

And then cons make their little con jokes, because that's what they do. Some poor guy getting blown away doesn't count as a tragedy in their world. It's not like a slight increase in the marginal tax rates or some similar catastrophe they can relate to.

• Is this about the video posted a while ago where the cop shot the guy in the back while he was on his knees, facing a wall with his hands behind his back? That had me shook.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Is it really that easy to mistake a gun for a taser, as the defense suggests? If anyone, law enforcement should know the difference. I don't believe Mehserle intended to kill, though.

The distressing part is that incidents involving police brutality usually occur without them being caught on tape.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Good thing I'm working from home today instead of commuting on BART. Shit's about to go off.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The only thing surprising about this kinda shit is when people are surprised about this kinda shit.

• Options
    Almond said:
    Is it really that easy to mistake a gun for a taser, as the defense suggests? If anyone, law enforcement should know the difference. I don't believe Mehserle intended to kill, though.

The distressing part is that incidents involving police brutality usually occur without them being caught on tape.

The recent case where a Pace University student was gunned down in New York is interesting in that some of the cop cars on the scene were equipped with video equipment. But conveniently the cops are saying the equipment was "not operational" at the time of the shooting.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    minneap said:
    Is this about the video posted a while ago where the cop shot the guy in the back while he was on his knees, facing a wall with his hands behind his back? That had me shook.

Yes. Without that video, the incident would have been covered up.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    We had a case here recently in Dallas where some officers were chasing a dude on a motorcycle and when they finally caught him a rookie beat the crap out of him and was caught on film....dude was fired and faces jail time which I hope he gets. Turns out the rookie is a kid my daughter dated very briefly in High School....he's not gonna like prison.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    We had a case here recently in Dallas where some officers were chasing a dude on a motorcycle and when they finally caught him a rookie beat the crap out of him and was caught on film....dude was fired and faces jail time which I hope he gets. Turns out the rookie is a kid my daughter dated very briefly in High School....he's not gonna like prison.

Wait and see where they send him. I imagine that even in Texas there are jails that aren't so bad.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:

Wait and see where they send him. I imagine that even in Texas there are jails that aren't so bad.

This kid's a punk....never liked him.....he was still on probation so the force is gonna throw him to the wolves....doesn't matter what prison they send him too, he'll still be treated one level below a child molester.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:

This kid's a punk....never liked him.....he was still on probation so the force is gonna throw him to the wolves....doesn't matter what prison they send him too, he'll still be treated one level below a child molester.

For the most part that's wishful thinking. Outside of maximum security-type prisons that sort of pecking order is rare in well-run jails. In most states this guy would be looking at less than a year of boredom and tasteless food but no "Tango & Cash" style gangs looking to dismember him.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    edpowers said:
    The only thing surprising about this kinda shit is when people are surprised about this kinda shit.

Being upset and being surprised aren't the same thing.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    this is terrible

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    edpowers said:

Being upset and being surprised aren't the same thing.

When people are upset, cities burn.....not keyboards.

The mood i sense is closer to "bummer"

• What's surprising to me, I think, is how visual the film was.

It's not surprising to me that it happened, and not surprising that Mehserle got off, but it is surprising, to me, that it was so clear to see and the same thing happened. Maybe that makes me green or ignorant, I don't know.

• FUCKED UP!!!

Anyone who thinks we live in a "Post-Racial" America is obviously confused

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    edpowers said:

• shameful verdict

• Options
    tripledouble said:
    shameful verdict

The verdict was okay - he could have gotten 14 years off the verdict. It's the sentence that's off.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    There was a demonstration yesterday about it in Oakland. The cops broke it up after one cop got into a fight and someone took his gun and another cop got hit by a car!