The State of Strut (Ban Edition)

13»

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    street_muzik said:
    why should we put up with trolls for some false sense of democracy on a message board?

You shouldn't have to. Isn't that why there's "ignore this user" and some good old not clicking their threads and not encouraging them by taking the bait?

I understand if the poster is out of control so whole threads are one "you are ignoring this user" after another.

I have to agree with Rock, and I've said it before - it's inconsistent and caters to popularity.
    Dudes get the boot for some political trolling shit but other dudes who talk about women like some people won't talk about their dogs get to stay cause they're on the old boys' members' board?
    I am not buying the health or integrity of the Board argument too hard.

• bassie said:
    street_muzik said:
    why should we put up with trolls for some false sense of democracy on a message board?

You shouldn't have to. Isn't that why there's "ignore this user" and some good old not clicking their threads and not encouraging them by taking the bait?

I can't argue with that. I'm just talking in theory because my internal ignore filter is already sufficiently engaged.

I'm not a fan of loose cannon banning but I'm not against reasonable banniong either. It's whatever Raj wants.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    Fuck A Republican

I'd rather not.

b/w

I'd have to get really drunk first.

Nevermind her elbows - how did she vote?

Yea, politics are a deal-breaker imo.

• bassie said:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska ??? Bristol Palin has been so busy practicing her moves for "Dancing With the Stars," she apparently forgot to send in her absentee ballot.

The 20-year-old daughter of former Gov. Sarah Palin, who campaigned for candidates across the nation in this election, told the syndicated TV show "Inside Edition" after Tuesday's night show, "I did not send in my absentee ballot in Alaska. I'm going to be in trouble. Sorry, Mom!"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/03/bristol-palin-didnt-vote_n_778751.html

• bassie said:

So if someone lies about their political affiliation, would it be rape by deception?

• Options
    sabadabada said:
    bassie said:

So if someone lies about their political affiliation, would it be rape by deception?

I would feel so used. *sob*

sabadabada said:
    bassie said:

Nice try.

• bassie said:
    sabadabada said:
    bassie said:

Nice try.

'sssssup bassie?

• Rockadelic said:
    Cosmo said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Cosmo said:
    B/W

Dude, anyone with any sense knows that you're not a dummy by any means. And because you're not one, we know you know the difference between the general rhetoric that goes on here and the type of behavior that Eel displayed.

I feel the same way about you and I'm stunned that you don't see that it was simply that the dude wasn't wearing the right gang colors for this neighborhood.

I do see that. And yet there are many other people on this board who wear "their gang's color" on this turf. I brought up 3 of them in a prior post, 2 of which I have met in the real world and are nice guys. I don't agree with their political stance, but they are surely allowed to have them and also express their views here. Vitamin is a great case in point and he's smart and respectful. Lamprey dude was just a cock and was here for the sole purpose of causing flame. So if these dudes want to ban him well them fuck him, I don't care either way.

This is no doubt a tail chasing excersize but what I get from the above post is that folks who are not left leaning have to know their place and be respectful if they want us to let them stay here.

b/w

Fuck A Republican

NO PROBLEMO!

Evening Saba

• Remember when Raj used to give The Mack timeouts? That shit was awesome.

• Bans should be random.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I would Ban people who poast in everygawdamn thread

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Banning is weak.

And so are the people that engage with the supposed idiot.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    Remember when Raj used to give The Mack timeouts? That shit was awesome.

lol That is one instance where banning was comedy.

• mannybolone said:

THOUGH - if you look at the poll results, thus far, 3 out of 5 Strutters are in favor of moderated (or more) bannage. I always sensed it was a smaller minority who has real issues with the idea of bans as a forum tool. Maybe that also reflects equal attitudes around thread locking and deletion
    I'm not too sure about the scientificness of your polling sample here.

How are you reaching the lurkers and the poll-averse? Will there be absentee ballots?

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    If posting "Fuck The Republicans" is acceptable and isn't destructive then posting "Fuck The Democrats" should be treated the same way.

Pull up your big boy pants and deal..

Thank you, Christine O'donnell !

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    brokenrecord said:
    mannybolone said:

THOUGH - if you look at the poll results, thus far, 3 out of 5 Strutters are in favor of moderated (or more) bannage. I always sensed it was a smaller minority who has real issues with the idea of bans as a forum tool. Maybe that also reflects equal attitudes around thread locking and deletion
    I'm not too sure about the scientificness of your polling sample here.

How are you reaching the lurkers and the poll-averse? Will there be absentee ballots?

This isn't 538.com dude. Basic straw poll. And based on that, the majority of respondents are in favor of moderate to free-for-all bannage. It's running about 60/40 right now.

• I'd just like to point out that this guy didn't affect the entire board.
    I never read that thread and so was/am oblivious to entire incident(?)
    There's probably a heap more like me.

That said I am in favour of Raj banning whoever he wants whenever he wants.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Spacecho said:
    I am in favour of Raj banning whoever he wants whenever he wants.

/thread

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    Spacecho said:
    I am in favour of Raj banning whoever did not vote "Ban ban ban away"

/thread

Spacecho said:
    I'd just like to point out that this guy didn't affect the entire board.

Exactly. A few elite few making decisions that serve themselves and do nothing for the masses.
    Huh? What?

And since I agree with his approach,
    I am in favour of Raj banning whoever he wants whenever he wants.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    so, can we do polls again? or only mods? latte pass?

polls are fun for the sports thraeds.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    bassie said:
    Spacecho said:
    I'd just like to point out that this guy didn't affect the entire board.

Exactly. A few elite few making decisions that serve themselves and do nothing for the masses.
    Huh? What?

Irony on more than one level.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'm not obligated to be nice to anyone, women or Republicans. The only law I respect here is The BAN.

And anyone not yet in a protected group just isn't lobbying hard enough. GET YOUR WEIGHT UP!

• Options
    What the hell happened to this place? You people have gotten so soft and cuddly it's macroscary. Cut down on the milk Soulstrut, it's loaded with estrogen.