Novos Baianos- No Final Do Juizo EP

uttersutters 321 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
N.B are my favourite band of all-time

:real_headz:

Have their 4 best albums and never made much effort to get into anything else by them. What else could top that body of work etc etc

But I just discovered this E.P... Released around the time of 'Acabou Chorare' (i'm sure someone on here can pinpoint exactly when)... Amazing amazing amazing

Anyone got a high-resoultion pic/scan of the cover? For my iTunes artwork

*cough* O.C.D *cough* etc

Comments

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    I should clarify I own all the albums with A Cor Do Som as backing band... the golden years

and also Moraes Moreira did a solo album with them when he left NB... As good as any Novos Baianos album actually...

I can do HQ photo of that if anyone wants to trade me for the EP cover

• The EP you've mentioned was released between E Ferro Na Boneca (their first LP) & Acabou Chorare (second and arguably their best). I really like it too, you can tell that they had started to move away from the straight rock sound prevalent on "E Ferro..." towards the more folk-y sound that Acabou Chorare demonstrates so well, it's a good snapshot of their transition (see: this article for more).

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy :( so I can't help with your request. But if anyone out there has it, they're likely to post on here - Maybe Moogman can help?

Oh, and somebody sell me this and the Globo Do Morte EP already!

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    yeah not so into '?? ferro na boneca'... it was with acabou chorare and the introduction of cor do som that something REALLY special began to happen- their approach to harmony and the interplay between bass and guitar is so so so unique, like a brazilian sunshine take on progressive rock

so globo da morte is like a b-side then? not on any album?

thanks for the info man!

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    btw my mum had a small role in the film 'Meteorango Kid - o Her??i Intergal??ctico' from 1969, which had music in it composed by Novos Baianos, before they recorded '?? Ferro na Boneca'

man she's so fucking cool. not in this clip but anyways, here's the song

• djmario said:
    Oh, and somebody sell me this and the Globo Do Morte EP already!

This has been on ebay a bunch recently, it goes for way less than it used to.

• utters said:
    btw my mum had a small role in the film 'Meteorango Kid - o Her??i Intergal??ctico' from 1969, which had music in it composed by Novos Baianos, before they recorded '?? Ferro na Boneca'

man she's so fucking cool. not in this clip but anyways, here's the song

Nice! you're welcome. Globo Do Morte is on another 7" of theirs. I know it's popped up loads on the bay, but every time it has, i've been outbid (& I put down more each time...it's just one of those records that continues to elude my grasp).

• utters said:
    N.B are my favourite band of all-time

:real_headz:

Have their 4 best albums and never made much effort to get into anything else by them. What else could top that body of work etc etc

But I just discovered this E.P... Released around the time of 'Acabou Chorare' (i'm sure someone on here can pinpoint exactly when)... Amazing amazing amazing

Anyone got a high-resoultion pic/scan of the cover? For my iTunes artwork

*cough* O.C.D *cough* etc

I don't have it, but i am wondering what their '4 best albums' are

i love these guys but apparently have been sleeping on some of their output

I have Ferro na Boneca, Acabou Chorare, FC, and the one after that- i forget what it's called but it's purple and has that song "bebel" on it.

I agree about the 1st LP (ferro)- it's not bad but definitely my least favorite of the above.

so what's the 4th really good LP? i guess now i need that, the EP's, and the Moraes Moreira solo that someone else mentioned...

• utters said:
    Anyone got a high-resoultion pic/scan of the cover? For my iTunes artwork *cough* O.C.D *cough* etc

Here's a couple higher-res images I've got:

http://handalligator.com/images/novos_front.jpg
    http://handalligator.com/images/novos_back.jpg

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    JehovWet said:
    utters said:
    Anyone got a high-resoultion pic/scan of the cover? For my iTunes artwork *cough* O.C.D *cough* etc

Here's a couple higher-res images I've got:

http://handalligator.com/images/novos_front.jpg
    http://handalligator.com/images/novos_back.jpg

amazing! thanks so much

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    leisurebandit said:

I don't have it, but i am wondering what their '4 best albums' are

i love these guys but apparently have been sleeping on some of their output

I have Ferro na Boneca, Acabou Chorare, FC, and the one after that- i forget what it's called but it's purple and has that song "bebel" on it.

I agree about the 1st LP (ferro)- it's not bad but definitely my least favorite of the above.

so what's the 4th really good LP? i guess now i need that, the EP's, and the Moraes Moreira solo that someone else mentioned...

Well, the 4 best albums are the first four in terms of Novos Bainos... Vamos Pro Mundo is ok though

really, the best shit is Acabou Chorare, Novos Baianos F.C, Novos Baianos (yes, the one with bebel on it) and the Moraes solo album. Just going to dig that out now actually, Chuva No Brejo is such an awesome awesome song, made famous by marisa monte many years later

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Love this release from NB. Thanks for posting the YouTube video.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    no problem-o

come to think of it... why someone hasn't reissued the moraes solo album i'll never know?!

I mean, he's a legend in brasil and it's a seminal record. Maybe it's something to do with Som Livre/Globo...