QUITTING WEED

13»

Comments

• Been thinking about doing this real soon.

As much as I love Mary J on so many levels, the real Achilles Heel of that ish is straight up laziness and being unproductive.
    While I do know some heads who can smoke on the reg and get life cracking, most people I know who are daily smokers are not making moves to the fullest.

Also, as someone who has procrastination syndrome to the max, the trees don't help..
    That being said, once you reach a certain age, I think the mature move is to maintain moderation, if you can't do that, its best to quit altogether. The great thing about Mari is that when you do quit, after a couple weeks the cravings do stop.

Plus, it will always be there waiting for you with open arms. After you finish that novel, complete that album, get that business running, get that degree etc, you can toke up with maximum abandon.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Its harvest time, how can you THINK about quitting?????
    Schitt is bonkers around here.

• as always, moderation is key. what used to be a $300+ habit a month 5 yrs ago is down to about $60. it wasn't very hard since my life just got so damn busy.

either way, I voted YES on prop 19 today....obviously.

• hermes1 said:
    Been thinking about doing this real soon.

As much as I love Mary J on so many levels, the real Achilles Heel of that ish is straight up laziness and being unproductive.
    While I do know some heads who can smoke on the reg and get life cracking, most people I know who are daily smokers are not making moves to the fullest.

Also, as someone who has procrastination syndrome to the max, the trees don't help..
    That being said, once you reach a certain age, I think the mature move is to maintain moderation, if you can't do that, its best to quit altogether. The great thing about Mari is that when you do quit, after a couple weeks the cravings do stop.

Plus, it will always be there waiting for you with open arms. After you finish that novel, complete that album, get that business running, get that degree etc, you can toke up with maximum abandon.

yeah man, that feels like where um at right now, i started smoking when i first started writting graf back in 92/93, i was dj'ing shit loads, daily writing rhymes, my place was stacked full of canvasses that people wanted painted, the herbs just fit into what i was doing and it helped me create some of the things i have done, but now my habit has gotten out of control and i am the laziest non-creating prograstinator (like you said) 1200's dont get rocked as often as they should, rhymes get written every few months and canvasses arent even here to paint...cant blame it all on the herbs, but the laziness that comes with it is what has me in a bit of a hophip block...lol (without soundin cheese)

i have reached the point where i know its time though, even over the last year i have been just getting sick of blazing daily, get home from work and think of some dope ideas for some beats, smoke.....and sit here and bug out staring at my monitor glossy eyed, 3 hrs later i realized i still havent sampled anything and i listened to the same album 6 times back to back..lol

amazing that your post pretty well described me perfectly...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Can all of the laxity described be blamed on the weed? I mean, after all, I earned three degrees as a regular pot smoker. Hell, the Mary J was a great source of calm in the face of the stress of doctoral study. The only reason I stopped blazin' is because I got married, and wifey wasn't having it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    I never figured out what Skip Drinkwater's old Strut handle was.

I'm pretty sure that Skip Drinkwater == Siro Gragner (Milhouse frisbee avatar).
    All these name-changes are confusing.

• Big Stacks,

Bottom line is you are an anomaly.
    As are all of my close friends who are also professors, engineers, financiers, lawyers, musicians and artists...

"While I do know some heads who can smoke on the reg and get life cracking"

That's my statement from above.

"Can all of the laxity described be blamed on the weed? I mean, after all, I earned three degrees as a regular pot smoker."

No one is blaming the blessed yerba, its just that when it comes to certain heads weed doesn't necessarily bring out the Renaissance-esque Napoleon/Da Vinci/Bruce Lee/Alexander the Great that all men wish they could all be.