Charlotte Record stores

marumaru 1,450 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I'm out here for work and have a couple of hours to kill. Any record store worth visiting?

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    When I was there, it surprisingly sucked.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I've heard the same thing about the city.

When my parents lived there in the mid-90s, they had about 2-3 vinyl stores and I remember going to one of them and they had doubles of the first Diamond D LP (which was promo only) and stupidly, I just bought one.

Then I came back a year later. That other copy was STILL THERE.

Copped. Flipped. Finis.

• The Wax Museum could be worth your time, depending on who is pricing the records when you're there.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Well the window has passed. Doesn't sound like I missed anything, I hope. Thanks all.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Agent45 said:
    The Wax Museum could be worth your time, depending on who is pricing the records when you're there.

The Wax Museum used to be pretty reliable for a few come-ups. They have gone down hill since changing locations.

• I had some luck at an Antique Mall the few times I was up there. Sleepy Poet or some goofy name like that. But yeah wax museum is the most proper actual record store. But not really a great record town from my experiences.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    maru said:
    Well the window has passed. Doesn't sound like I missed anything, I hope. Thanks all.

That was one short-ass window!

Charlotte has a bad rep in NC... the biggest city in NC, but culturally very poor... people who live/have lived there have substantiated this.

I periodically ask a major collector who spends a lot of time there if he's finding a lot of records while in Charlotte and he always tells me no, and that he doesn't know why he they aren't around...

• gene buys all his records at manifest ....check that spot next time.....
    and visit price's fried chicken down the street cause its really good