DJ gis that delivered everything promised and more

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
had one Saturday night...a private party. Was hired to play 60s and 70s soul and funk. Only one lame-o request, "Ghostbusters" (finally figured out the best way to deal with bad requests: say "no"(nothing else) and break eye-contact...worked like a charm) was paid immediately at the agreed upon stop time, and paid the amount agreed upon. Today, I get a phone call from the person who hired me that they wanted to hit me up with some extra $ because they were so pleased with the job I did. Wish they all could be like this.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Found a half oz of dank in the bathroom of a house party I was deejaying in Eugene, OR. That was a nice delivery.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Found a half oz of dank in the bathroom of a house party I was deejaying in Eugene, OR. That was a nice delivery.

that is nice...person hit me up with an extra $120 bucks and another gig in a few weeks. Nice.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I am turning into my Mom without the accent or the kids - you just went ahead and smoked a random bag you happened to find in some bathroom??

• YOU LEAVE YOUR GREEN AROUND HIM, YOUR GREEN GON GIT LIT UP

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    2 weeks ago i was hired to play at a 50th birthday of a guy , who heard me play out soul & funk 45s at a party a few month ago.
    I was highly sceptical about that evening... I expected wedding song classic requests all night. Anyway, the money was good...
    I came a few hours before the party started to the venue, which was the hall of a traditional bavarian rustic restaurant, to set up the pa and the turntables. After everything was installed, friends of the birtday child brought in several crates of rhis records, because he wanted to play out an hour before me himself .
    Just to kill some time, I asked him to be allowed to look through his crates.
    You can't imagine the bright eyes I had when I was looking through them:
    I have seldomly seen such a tasteful collection of music amassed at one place. It was filled with rare soul, funk, disco & deep house records: Fela Kuti, China Burton, Theo Parrish, Moodyman, Westend & Prelude raers, Poets Of Rhythm, Sharon Jones, Paradise Garage classics, rare oldschool rap 12" & a lot more great stuff...
    The second surprise was, that the guy was a singer of a nasty, snotty punk rock band, which also played a small gig before me. Their gig was awesome, to say the least.
    When it was my turn on the turntables, it took just a few minutes to get the dancefloor crowded.
    It was filled with people from 40-60 years dancing their ass off to obscure funk 45s!

My best dj gig so far.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    bassie said:
    I am turning into my Mom without the accent or the kids - you just went ahead and smoked a random bag you happened to find in some bathroom??

half a zip of obv good pot, whats the problem? its not like there were secret poisons put on it. it didn't have razorblades in the nugs i assume.

• Found a half oz of dank in the bathroom of a house party I was deejaying

had almost the same thing happen recently but it was couple gs of yay in a vial that fell behind the toilet. good thing i wasn't 5-10 years younger otherwise ida nosed half that before heading back out to finish my set with no one the wiser. ended up giving it back to dude who i figured out it belonged to, he was wigging out trying to find it, and ended up rolling me a blunt for being a good samaritan.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    bassie said:

Umm, I definitely know good weed whether I grow it, buy it, or find it.

Although, one time I did get duped with an eighth of fake weed while on vacation in Waikiki.

The bonus bag from that party though, it was without question legit.

• Played a hip hop night at some Bar. Got paid upfront. Bartender was serving me up free shots of high priced tequila, ended up making sweet sweet drunk love to her at the end of the night.