Who voted?

AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I did.

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I did. Absentee ballot. A few weeks ago.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Did you vote? Or did you designate yourself as a complicit participant in the continuation of some utter bs?

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I did as well..... for better or worse.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

h. canal: you sound a bit like me when i was 18 years old. i understand your point that our system is like voting for a two headed dragon... pick a head its all the same.

but in reality {and not in aluminum helmet-chemtrail-lizard people land) things are not the same. voting is a right that i cherish. i respect your right not to vote but you are willingly part of the population that gets left out of the discussion and has ZERO voice.

spivy said:
    i respect your right not to vote but you are willingly part of the population that gets left out of the discussion and has ZERO voice.

Exactly the point...fuck what y'all are talking about.

• Options
    I voted last week.

Senator Ken Buck and Governor Tom Tancredo, please.

• I voted today...lucky as I have the nicest polling place in town...the botanic gardens.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Voting gets me to visit places I would never otherwise. Like a senior center or church. Each time I've voted has been at a different polling location due to moving around a lot.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    spivy said:
    i respect your right not to vote but you are willingly part of the population that gets left out of the discussion and has ZERO voice.

You could've at least wrote-in your favorite Texas rappers.

• I miss being able to pull the lever. The single lever.

Reynaldo said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    spivy said:

You could've at least wrote-in your favorite Texas rappers.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Almond said:
    Voting gets me to visit places I would never otherwise. Like a senior center or church. Each time I've voted has been at a different polling location due to moving around a lot.

My polling location is right across the street from my apartment, and there's never a line. I seriously have no excuse whatsoever for not voting.

So yeah, I voted. For Kodos, naturally.

• Options
    I did the deed.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Rent Is 2 Damn High party FTW!

• Me.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    iz diz da pat urself on da bak tread?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Almond said:
    Voting gets me to visit places I would never otherwise. Like a senior center or church.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    HATES OLD PEOPLE AND GOD

You sound liberal.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i voted twice.

funny though...people always go strait to the top of the ballot to determine importance of a vote, yet seem to ignore the fact that their vote matters for the more local reps & initiatives. I can't say i will particularly jump for joy if Cuomo wins the NY Governor tonight, but I would be pleased if the term limit initiative goes through.

pick and choose i guess. but not everything on a ballot is always a Dem vs Rep vote.

• Brian said:

Yes. Report to the pat yourself on the dick thread immediately.

• Options
    I did, but was dismayed to find there was no lollipop afterwards.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Me.

• Yo!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    funky16corners said:
    Brian said:

Yes. Report to the pat yourself on the dick thread immediately.
    ware iz it i kannot seem 2 find it

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Almond,

As always, I exercised my right to vote. Black folks who don't vote deserve their asses kicked, given how our ancestors struggled and bled to secure that right for us. Yeah, I said it, cotdamnit!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• i always vote, largely because i see my ma busting her ass for weeks before every election in godforsaken neighborhoods, trying to get people registered and working on turnout. i helped out a little the last couple days, knocking door to door, reminding people, feeling a little obnoxious, but at least it was interesting. a lot of blank stares and "nah i'm allright" from the corner kids when i got on their cases, a lot of "not sure if im registered", a lot of love from african american houses i knocked on, lot of excons thinking they couldnt vote.

not much faith in democrats here, but secure in the knowledge that we dont want republicans in office.

• I just voted for a dude whose ladyfriend I stole back in the day. It was the least I could do!

(Technically, she chose me over him. Same thing though, right?)

b/w

Hi T*ny!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Herm said:
    I just voted for a dude whose ladyfriend I stole back in the day. It was the least I could do!

b/w

Hi T*ny!

Hey Herm,

You're such a big ole' pimp. :lol:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_Stacks said:
    Herm said:
    I just voted for a dude whose ladyfriend I stole back in the day. It was the least I could do!

b/w

Hi T*ny!

Hey Herm,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I literally chuckled while filling in that little oval.

I chuckled when I voted too.

Herm said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Herm said:

b/w

Hi T*ny!

Hey Herm,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Now Herm, that's just wrong. :lol: But hey, like you said, she chose you. Apparently, you had a stronger base than he did. Play on, playboy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_Stacks said:
    Herm said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Herm said:

b/w

Hi T*ny!

Hey Herm,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Now Herm, that's just wrong. :lol: But hey, like you said, she chose you. Apparently, you had a stronger base than he did. Play on, playboy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

;-)