Vegas?????

kemskems 120 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central
I'll be out there from November 3-8. Any recommendations on things to do? I'm trying to get some tickets to the fight at the MGM Grand right now too. If anyone can help with that, I would be forever indebted.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    First Friday at Beauty Bar is The Get Back - John Doe's monthly funk party. The only other shit that I know about Vegas is like real big-club type shit but if you're into that shit too I can give you recommendations.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    First Friday at Beauty Bar is The Get Back - John Doe's monthly funk party. The only other shit that I know about Vegas is like real big-club type shit but if you're into that shit too I can give you recommendations.

Thanks Cosmo. I will definitely peep that Funk Party especially since Thursday is my bornday. I will just wait and get it in there. I know my man Preme is working on some of the big club shit for me, but anything you can recommend I will take into consideration. Thanks again.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    BUMP!!!!

Help a brotha out.

• I stayed in Vegas 5 days this summer. My wife won a trip there, on the internet. Those kind of things you think that only happens to others...
    As i'm not a gamer I first hated to be there. But after 5 or 6 beers, i began to feel more relax about that vulgar atmosphere. Vegas is nothing more than a Disneyland for adults (with hookers instead of Mickey)
    So to respond to your question:
    -get a little bite drunk
    -The new-york New-York Hotel has an incredible railway all around it. You must absolutly test it.
    -The part of the "Strip" where there are all the semi closed churches and the cheap Motels worth a look just for the particular atmosphere.
    -On the Strip every big Hotel has an attraction (a big pyramid, white tigers, an Eiffel tower, Venice...).
    -I know there is a record shop (records city 300 E. Sahara Ave.2 blocks East of "The Strip") but it was closed when i went there.

If you have time (and money) you can also fly above the grand canyon.

So yes, not so many things to do if you are not a gamer, but Vegas is worth to be checkin once in a lifetime.

• the highlight of my trip there in august was going to The Gun Store. im from toronto and i can assure you there is great novelty behind squeezing out rounds on an M16.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    The Crazy Horse Paris burlesque show at the MGM Grand is a fantastic show. You can get tickets on vegas.com at a reduced rate... if burlesque is your thing. I took the missus and she loved it.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Sorry. Can't help out with the MGM fight. Hope this helps though:

Pinball hall of fame:

1610 E Tropicana Ave
    Las Vegas, NV 89119
    (702) 434-9746

Record City:

300 East Sahara Ave.
    Las Vegas, NV 89104
    (702) 735-1126

Wax Trax:

2909 South Decatur Blvd.
    Las Vegas, NV 89102
    (702) 362-4300

Lotus of Siam (Thai Food):

953 East Sahara Avenue # A5
    Las Vegas, NV 89104
    (702) 735-3033

Erotic Heritage Museum:

3275 Industrial Road
    Las Vegas, NV 89109-1115
    (702) 369-6442

The Get Back @ The Beauty Bar

517 Fremont St # 150
    Las Vegas, NV 89101-5675
    (702) 598-1965
    HIGHLY RECCOMENDED + Park at the El Cortez valet or you might get robbed like I did on Halloween night.

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/clubs/
    http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/restaurants/search/

- spidey

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    I got some folks out there, check your pms.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Downtown Cocktail Room is a spot I always make sure to check out when I'm in the desert. It's off the strip, near Old Vegas, speak-easy vibe, not touristy.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    me and girl went out there a few summers ago and had a blast. kinda copied Anthony Bourdain from his 'no reservations' for ideas, but they ended up being good events. You can youtube that episode if interested.

this was a cool non-gambling thing to check out
    http://www.neonmuseum.org/

great cheezy but still legit bar
    fireside lounge
    http://www.peppermilllasvegas.com/

As mentioned above, we did the soul nite at Beauty Bar and that was cool. Old Vegas was fun.

• buddump. i'm outchyea february 11-15. whut it dew?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    hmm.. well tomorrow I'll be spinning at the Beauty Bar.. with a whole line up of people I don't even know.. my friends Aurajin and Rexdart and The Gaslamp Killer.

Sunday.. Me and Rexdart will be spinning at the Artifice behind the Arts Factory.. a Jazz band will be playing, and I'll be hopefully be playing guitar with them as well...

Monday thru-Friday I work.. but hit me up if you have any trouble getting into any nightclub.. My brothers a VIP host.. and can help you get pass the red tape.

If you wanta seriously buy some records skip the records stores.. hit me up.. and I'll setup an appointment with S-Boog and John Doe. The local wax dealers.

Feel free to PM me.

- Diego

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Definitely hit up Lotus of Siam. Ish is :next_level:

Speaking of :next_level: , check this place out...http://insertcoinslv.com/. Dancefloor was rockin'. too.

Also, this spot is nice for pre/post game...http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-lady-silvia-las-vegas. Buddy of mine plays there. DJ Shoe. I don't think they have a page yet; too new.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Hell yeah!

Got married in Vegas. First time in the US and A for us. Good times. It is cheesy and artificial, but Professionally Cheesy, if you get me.

Cosine the Peppermill Lounge. Also the steakhouse in Luxor, and the Stratosphere revolving restaurant for the Surf and Turf. Paid for most of it by a nice drop on the slots (always play the max number of lines per spin). :balla:

Did the Canyon in a rickety Piper Cub. Pretty turbulent, which you'd expect given the terrain and the sun (hot air side, cold air side, hot air side...). If you don't like it, pay the extra and take a chopper. Awesome (in the proper sense of the word) scenery, do it.

Fountains at Bellagio are worth taking in, better than words can capture, truly unique.

Randomly ran into two Nottingham people we knew on different days in big crowds.. small world.

Ceasars do Newcastle Brown ale :beerbang:

I had to remember not to stare at the larger Sofa-Size folk and the Hispanic tattoo dudes in hair nets. We don't get many of them around here.

Also ran into dudes sobbing in the inclinators (diagonal elevators in Luxor) who had blown their whole college funds.

Don't ball unless you are a , gamble what you can afford to lose.

• lotus of siam is ON

i've been out there a few times now.... but this time my GF is packing me along on one of her work trips. so the days are all mine to get out there and see what the city looks like before the sun goes down. i'm doing TAO on valentines and the cosmopolitan monday night [some billionaire boys club jumpoff], but i may be cutting into one of the spots you mentioned just to get down for a minute.

sadly, i'm cutting the record collection down, and not trying to buy more right now..... but thanks for the offer, very kind of you.

basically, outside of the gunstore and the miracle mile.... whats a fella to do come daytime?

• should I bring my golf clurbs? anyone of y'alls swang them thangs?

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
    basically, outside of the gunstore and the miracle mile.... whats a fella to do come daytime?
    Daytime? You can balance out the noise and debauchery of your nights with the beauty and tranquility of the Springs Preserve.