East Texas Flea Market

Comments

• My fave Mingus LP

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

NM

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    East Texas Flea Market

Picked up a promo of that Jimmy And Vella last week. Nice folky soul.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    East Texas Flea Market

Hey Rock,

That's a nice haul as usual. I especially love "Natural Illusions" and "He's Coming." Those are two of my absolute favorite LPs.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Reynaldo said:

NM

sound clips or it's VG

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    stratasphere said:

I was just about to ask what the Jimmie & Vella was all about since there has been a promo sitting here locally for a while that I've been too lazy to listen to. Are they all promos lol.
    Anyway
    It was a slow week here, mainly 45 upgrades...

I've been after the Jesse Anderson on the cheap for a while, great double sider. The new Willie West 45 from Timmion is great. Haven't had a chance to listen to any of the Syl box yet, but have cut the shrink & checked it all out. The Johnny Griffin/Eddie Davis LP is really nice versions of Monk.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    from flea market yesterday, some mixed beat/ blues beat/ freak beat/ garage beat/ schlager beat finds, except for the last two, the akido, appears to be afrodelic rock psych freakout, and the charli, a danish 84 private rap 12' which heads outside dk would not give a fuck about, but since its ungoogleable and i didnt know of its excistence until yesterday, im somewhat excited about it! ;)

• holmes said:
    stratasphere said:

I was just about to ask what the Jimmie & Vella was all about since there has been a promo sitting here locally for a while that I've been too lazy to listen to. Are they all promos lol.

i do think theyre all promos actually!

and they have an earlier album on Imperial that i enjoy much more, and see way less.

• Finds from the last two weeks.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Nice finds, all. Here are a couple of 75 cent finds I meant to include in October Finds, but I procrastinated. I've just been enjoying the female vocals lately.

double

triple

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Found this a few days ago. I'm not really feeling it either. It'll be posted in the trades if anyone is interested. NM- / NM-

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    CinisterCee said:
    Reynaldo said:

NM

sound clips or it's VG
    NM

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    At the local thirft: A bunch of odd private records with nice covers, Ohio Players Early Hits vol. 1., John Williams / Stanley Myers "Changes" 2 LP on Cube, Black Sheep self-titled single 12", a couple of dollar Conway Twitty records for whatever bizarre reason and The Thrasher Brothers' "Country Cookin'" (the 'funk' title track is the best part and can be found for cheap)

For my birthday (the day before): Yusef Lateef's "Eastern Sounds", Graham Greene books and Sophia Loren's 1979 autobiography