Tarnation

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
has anyone seen this? i didnt really get the hype. anyhow, dude lives in my neighborhood and i'm sitting across from him in a coffee shop right now. looks like a well adjusted guy, you'd never know.

Comments

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    watched the trailer....i'll pass.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    that was one of the worst, most uncomfortable movies i've ever seen. my girlfriend suggested that we watch raging bull, half-way through. not pretty. i did like the idea of a blue velvet high school play set to marianne faithfull music. total fucking weirdo.

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    Is this that shit where the little kid makes films of himself dressing in drag and acting out weird disfunctional scenarios ? If it is I saw the first half hour and was rather disturbed by it.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i didnt really get the hype.

you push boundaries, you get hype, even if the boundaries aren't too appealing...

i wont be checking this one out

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    Yeah I saw it only recently. I found that once I had got through the horrible first 30mins it actually became fairly rewarding.

I've never actually had a video camera in my life and when I do stumble across old videos of me I find it so weird, so I found this rather interesting I mean the fact that he had all this footage saved up over the years was quite amazing. I have always hated the fact that I did not like to pose for photos and stuff because there is a gap in my life that is not very well documented.

So overall its an ok movie if you can stick with it.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    I watched it at the past Toronto Film festival, not knowing what it was about. I'm totally non judgemental about people's sexual orientations, but that sheit plain sucked. most self indulgent bullsheit i ever saw in my life..."look at me, look at me, look at mmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

one part that had me sad was how zapped out his mother was, in that sense i guess it was cool to sort of give props to his mom as out of it as she was, really gets you down. but besides that, its like phuck, just cause u like looking in the mirror dont mean u gotta make a movie about it.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I still have not seen the film but I am kinda intrigued by it. He lived in Houston for years and worked at the place I used to get my hair cut. I keep hearing about how nuts this thing is and I have a few friends who were in it, which kind of trips me out. A guys films a documentary about himself, his entire life over the years, how insane it has been and some of your friends are tangled into it. kinda weird.