• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Never liked it!

• still a good song! the rest of the album not :P

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Controller_7 said:

Discuss

"Boom bip, competition ain't shit
    fakin' the funk like silicon tits"

Classic album. He chewed his fucking arm off, then made an escape.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    ruled. think I even mentioned constant elevation in the "best album openers" thread. nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, ruled. Blood Brothers was the shit too, as was Diary of a Madman and 1-800 Suicide.
    8th grade. awesome.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Classic.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    This almost dropped before Enter the 36 Chambers - Rza wasnt sure Wu would be bigger than Gravediggaz at the time.

When it came out a lot of heads passed because of the re-use of many classic and familiar samples in the production - but I dug it. I think they got away with it since the concept and rhymes meshed so well with the productions. Too Poetic dropped classic lines on this. RIP.

I actually saw them play when they toured for the album and it was a great show- Diary of a madman is great and a lot of the rhymes are dope. I'd say its a classic 90's release in retrospect. The later Gravediggaz output is meh tho.

& cosine Woimsah, These joints all stood the test of time if you ax me.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    end 2 end, this album is sick imo, such a dope combo of producers & emcees, i snagged 6 feet deep when it first came out without really knowing much about it at the time other then it was done by RZA, i at least listen to this once a month for sure, sumthin that is on constant rotation!

classic!

* i'll even throw in a "suicide, it's a suicide, biddy-bye-bye" for good measure!

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Classic LP. RZA and Prince Paul really brought creative wild stuff out of each other. "hey want a piece little man? i was like "yo i'm better off with my hand!"

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    i ride. or at least enjoy it anytime i revist it (thx for the youtubes).

weird and classic.

• Man I remember having a tape of this in 4th/5th grade and I would bring that shit everywhere with a walkman and those shitty portable walkman speakers. The nostalgia Im sure skews my opinion but I still enjoy it. Mommy What's a gravedigga an 1-800 suicide were always my favorites.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Junior said:
    Classic.

Love it

I saw da toy-chewed bwutal moidah of my faddah!
    So my bwain became stained wif da hawwaw!

• faux_rillz said:
    Junior said:
    Classic.

Love it

I saw da toy-chewed bwutal moidah of my faddah!
    So my bwain became stained wif da hawwaw!

Fwookwan and da Wizza.
    Murderwin r's.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This gets reaffirmed every three years here.

Horrorcore Classic

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Hey Ross, remember that SXSW at the Opera House with Blac Monks, Gravediggaz, and Bushwick's crazy ass? Fun night.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    staxwax said:
    When it came out a lot of heads passed because of the re-use of many classic and familiar samples in the production

ummm...did this really happen?

ps, LOVE IT, too

jaymack said:
    staxwax said:
    When it came out a lot of heads passed because of the re-use of many classic and familiar samples in the production

No

• It's funny, because just yesterday, my coworker sent me a new Gravediggaz track:
    http://soundcloud.com/hypetrak/gravediggaz-2-more-cups-of-blood

Not at all necessary, but in my coworker's defense, he is from Holland.

HarveyCanal said:
    Hey Ross, remember that SXSW at the Opera House with Blac Monks, Gravediggaz, and Bushwick's crazy ass? Fun night.

Ha! Of course, I do. 1994, right? I talked to THA WIZZA before the show and he told me that 36 Chambers was being remastered because they weren't happy with the way it came out. He said that it sounded too muddy, which shocked me, as I always thought that was the intention.

Bonus Beats: I'll never forget the way Bushwick Bill threw shirts to the crowd with his tiny, tiny arm that looked like it came out of his chest. I'll also never forget how annoying the live version of this Blac Monks song was:

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    HEY GRAVEDIGGAZ WHO WAS THE GOVERNOR OF CAMPANIA DURING THE HERCULONIOUS PERIOD?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

jaymack said:
    staxwax said:

yeah a lot of the samples/beats were reused, there are a couple of reviews that have stated this...

wow i'd love to see some examples of all this beat reusing and reviews.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    There's another hot fiyah non-album cut from that era by Gravediggaz besides Freak The Sorceress. Anyone remember?

It was an incredible time to be a fan of not only hip-hop music, but a Wu-Tang and Prince Paul fan. If you listen to 6 Feet Deep/Niggamortis real good, some of those beats he had been using for years, or samples that had been used but he flipped to make it sinister. It wasn???t happy De La slow music, it wasn???t sinister CHRONIC music,

snagged from here: http://www.thisisbooksmusic.com/2009/08/08/dust-it-off-gravediggaz-6-feet-deepniggamortis/

i read this elsewhere this morning as well...after all this gravediggaz talk i started googling about and found that site..just quoting what um reading...@ least it was from wiki...lol

dj_cityboy said:
    It was an incredible time to be a fan of not only hip-hop music, but a Wu-Tang and Prince Paul fan. If you listen to 6 Feet Deep/Niggamortis real good, some of those beats he had been using for years, or samples that had been used but he flipped to make it sinister. It wasn???t happy De La slow music, it wasn???t sinister CHRONIC music,

snagged from here: http://www.thisisbooksmusic.com/2009/08/08/dust-it-off-gravediggaz-6-feet-deepniggamortis/

i read this elsewhere this morning as well...after all this gravediggaz talk i started googling about and found that site..just quoting what um reading...@ least it was from wiki...lol

LOL

A recent blog entry by john book (in which he actually enthuses about the album) does not = evidence that "When it came out a lot of heads passed"

The_Non said:
    There's another hot fiyah non-album cut from that era by Gravediggaz besides Freak The Sorceress. Anyone remember?

i havent heard that track...nor have i heard the track "Pass the Shovel" which was on the european version of the album...

might be worth a youtube search...

• I loved it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Are there enuff singles, unreleased, and UK/US exclusive cuts to create a deluxe/remastered package?

• Pass The Shovel was always one of my favourite tracks on the Euroman version of the album which went by a different name. There was also an EP around the same time with different lyrics for 1-800 Suicide.

batmon said:
    Are there enuff singles, unreleased, and UK/US exclusive cuts to create a deluxe/remastered package?

definitely. all the versions of 1-800-suicide alone

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I think it was pass the shovel. It was a bside on a single in the US.