1500 US

:post_modern:

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    WAXIDERMY said:
    1500 US

$325 past that already homie.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    think this guy found it in an Italian thrift store?

speaking of, why doesn't it say where sellers are located in the item descriptions anymore?

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Saw a copy on Popsike that went 3k+. This copy may meet or exceed that amount.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    stratasphere said:
    Saw a copy on Popsike that went 3k+. This copy may meet or exceed that amount.

One went for $6K earlier this year. It is the most expensive (publicly sold) funk lp to date:

This copy actually looks like the one for sale!

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:holygrail:

• why would anyone pay that much for this lp? the soundclips sound like ass, i'd much rather spend that money on some real funk 45's, not some live bullshit, must be rare

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    goodwill_hunting said:
    why would anyone pay that much for this lp? the soundclips sound like ass, i'd much rather spend that money on some real funk 45's, not some live bullshit, must be rare

as much as this sounds like ignorance....i tend to agree. its just not that good

When you look at it, most records of this type are not worth the money from a musical standpoint.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    goodwill_hunting said:
    why would anyone pay that much for this lp? the soundclips sound like ass, i'd much rather spend that money on some real funk 45's, not some live bullshit, must be rare

as much as this sounds like ignorance....i tend to agree. its just not that good

If technology allowed it, I would find where dude lived, spend the supposed 4 to 5Gs on a lavish trip to Italy, knock on his door, punch him in the face, and take per se record, then sell it. yeah it ain't happening.

• stratasphere said:
    When you look at it, most records of this type are not worth the money from a musical standpoint.

well, in reality..what LPs would be worth that much based on musical standpoint? None I'm guessing. Rarity has to be factored in..I could see, say "Giant Steps", "Axis Bold as Love", or some record of that ilk AND there be less than 10 copies of it around to justify that sort of price for 1 LP.

Burns said:

If technology allowed it, I would find where dude lived, spend the supposed 4 to 5Gs on a lavish trip to Italy, knock on his door, punch him in the face, and take per se record, then sell it. yeah it ain't happening.

SoulOnIce said:

• SoulOnIce said:

speaking of, why doesn't it say where sellers are located in the item descriptions anymore?

you must click on "Other item info", it??s under "See other items".

rare or not, the soundclips are boring :dodododo:

planless said:

yeah, no, I know - but it used to be on the page. anything that requires me to do additional clicking must be called out and hated on. and more seriously, it would help sometimes when you would see the location right away, knowing the shipping charge wasn't REALLY going to be $4, since it seems like 90% of sellers outside the US have the $4 in their item listing, only to explain that it's actually $16 per record later on in the process.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

This copy actually looks like the one for sale!
    Milano, Italy

They bought it, didn't like it so now the seller wants his money back!!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    LOL at this:
    Shipping: $0.10

For $1800+ Id want the dude to deliver the shit to my door with the record in a steel case handcuffed to his arm and a couple of Mafia goons for protection. I mean you never know when Burns will be hiding behind a bush waiting to punch you in the face and take the record from you....:-P

• SoulOnIce said:
    planless said:

yeah, no, I know - but it used to be on the page. anything that requires me to do additional clicking must be called out and hated on. and more seriously, it would help sometimes when you would see the location right away, knowing the shipping charge wasn't REALLY going to be $4, since it seems like 90% of sellers outside the US have the $4 in their item listing, only to explain that it's actually $16 per record later on in the process.

Euroman can't put more than $4 in the so called ebay shipping calculator for a record. One of ebay's "improved" rules from last year. How can someone honestly expect, that an LP could be shipped around the globe for $4?

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    remember, it's a 2XLP so if the winner drops $4K it's really more like only spending $2K each on two raers.

RECORD LOGIC

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Imagine how much it would go for if the music wasn't GOD AWFUL.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Does anyone know the back story on this turd? Why & how are there only 3 copies?

• you may have just answered your own question.

• WORST THREAD EVER

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    you may have just answered your own question.

Ha ha, after they pressed the 3rd copy they were like, "wait a minute, did anyone listen to this?? It f**ckin' sucks, STOP THE PRESSES!!!!"

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Breez said:
    Does anyone know the back story on this turd? Why & how are there only 3 copies?

It's not a turd. Speak not on what you know not.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    DCarfagna said:
    WORST THREAD EVER

Or close to it.....

This is basically a High School Battle Of The Bands LP sold only to students probably over a week's time. That alone makes it rare as feck some 40 years later.

The fact that High School bands don't sound as talented or professionally recorded as a major label release should surprise no one.

Ironically, it's from the same town as another rare as feck LP, Jr. & The Soulettes and I'm betting the average SS dude thinks that is musically inept as well.

Blackout Sounds is way better than that Jr & Soulettes crap, although Jr & Soulettes has great stories behind it.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Breez said:

It's not a turd. Speak not on what you know not.

C'mon son, the price tag don't make the music any good. If those clips are from that record then that shit sucks.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    People always like to complain about records that people pay money for.

It's not a turd either. Two-headed Freep is a turd, this is a raw moment captured and if you can't appreciate that then leave it alone.

Timmydigs get all but hurt when when they can't hear the music.

It's not a turd. Worth the price? No. Decent amateur funky soul and one of the best in that obscure genre? Probably.