Tonetable (Microwave/iPhone App-R)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
http://www.inklen.com/tonetable/

I just tested this out today...and yup, it really does allow you to control your Microwave from an iPhone or iPad. It basically replaces your control vinyl (but it can't work button functions...yet) so you can play, reverse, "scratch", and pitch your sound files. I'm not saying it's going to replace me taking vinyl to a gig but at least it's a reasonable back-up "just in case". Of course, you would still need TWO devices to control both sides.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Why?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    Why?

I wouldn't use it INSTEAD of control vinyl but, at the very least, it's back-up in case something happens, especially when traveling. On the "usefulness" spectrum, it's still not up there with something like a MIDI emulator (Touch OSC).

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Weird.....crazy apps out there.

I was thinking of writing an app that would output an inaudible highpitched tone, you'd hook it up to the mixer during key secret weapon songs. The idea would be to keep people from IDing songs with Shazam.

ShazamJam: Cover Ups For The Serato Set

haha....

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    pj4533 said:

I was thinking of writing an app that would output an inaudible highpitched tone, you'd hook it up to the mixer during key secret weapon songs. The idea would be to keep people from IDing songs with Shazam.

haha....

You should make it that tone that drives dogs nuts so I can use it to strike back at my neighbor's yappy little accessory dogs.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    pj4533 said:

haha....

You should make it that tone that drives dogs nuts so I can use it to strike back at my neighbor's yappy little accessory dogs.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    so it has to be plugged in?? if it was a remote control i could see it being usefull. on some mix-the-next-track-while-i-bust-a-heavy D-in the men's room shit

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    so it has to be plugged in?? if it was a remote control i could see it being usefull. on some mix-the-next-track-while-i-bust-a-heavy D-in the men's room shit

1) Unfortunate imagery.

2) It's not a controller for your Serato software. It duplicates the TONE of the control vinyl and allows you to do basic manipulations as you would with vinyl.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    Why?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Possum Tom said:

1) Unfortunate imagery.

2) It's not a controller for your Serato software. It duplicates the TONE of the control vinyl and allows you to do basic manipulations as you would with vinyl.
    i get it, but why would i do that when i can just use internal mode? the serato remote needs to happen tho

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    bust-a-heavy D

Filed under "deuce euphemisms"