Herm Appreciation Thread

2»

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Despite visiting Tucson once a year, I have yet to meet this SS Legend!

• Nice guy.

Warm heart even when it's a little chile.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The fact that he nailed Duckie (pause) from Pretty in Pink as a Halloween costume would almost be enough alone to christen him as legend status to me and, yet, the man offers so much more -- one of my Top 5 poasters on here, for sure. Soul Strut is a warmer, happier place knowing you could discuss in detail the latest Pixar flick, if you so desire.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Herm is a nice guy in real life.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    I enjoy reading his posts and he does a great job of balancing out some of the cynical/negative stuff that goes down here.

I ride.

Agreed.

Also: He'll probably start the Church of Shock G one day. And I will join that church.

• Club 33 b/w official ZG Callout caller. Herm knows hat time it is.

The SS greenhorns of 2010 could learn a thing or two.

• rapp threads without herm = fish tacos without the fish

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Nice guy.

Warm heart even when it's a little chile.

FacebookStrut!

Jonny is referring to the following discussion I had with my Mom over Sunday brunch, which I posted on Facebook:

Me: I'm feelin' a little chilly.
    Mom: You get that from your Dad.
    Me: I get what from him?
    Mom: Your little chile.

...DAMN!!!

My Mom is cold-blooded....and hilarious!

I love all of you. For real, for real. I HEART SOULSTRUT!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I am not sure he is real. But I love him.

When are you coming back, Raj? I totally forgot about that party last time!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    HERMEE! Wake up...time to put the chickens.

my dude! people come to town and i bail on hanging out just cause i have to transfer trains. this dude's not scared to drive 9 hours through the desert to see some homees. HERM = #1 Soulstrut Trooper

Twice in two weeks! Drove up to Palm Springs and LA a couple months ago to see Moist play Day's weekly and The Do-Over, then did the same thing the next week when Day played the Do-Over and Delay was in town. I stay gassed up! Actually, I stay gassy.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I keed, Herm is one of my best friends. I love the guy so much I entrusted him with the safety of one of the most precious things in my life, my daughter. Compadre por vida. We met making real world moves from being virtual friends and I couldn't ask for a realer friend.

He's the guy, when someone starts an appreciation thread, you're like..."Shit, why didn't I start that one"

• Soulstrut's ray of sunshine, Herm, is much appreciated

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I remember he pm'd me years ago when he saw I had moved to Tucson, to welcome me. Unfortunately I only ever saw him once in Tucson in 3 years for some reason. He's always seemed like a good dude to me! Sorry we didn't hang out more, but if you ever come out to Williamsburg, VA, then let me know.

• DJ_Enki said:
    Rockadelic said:
    I enjoy reading his posts and he does a great job of balancing out some of the cynical/negative stuff that goes down here.

I ride.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Herm,
    I'll be in Tucson next week.
    Let's eat!

Dan

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I think, perhaps, maybe I have this wrong, but I think, the first time I met Herm was on a Halloween, and maybe, if I remember right, he was dressed as a lesbian plumber.

Maybe not.

Dan

Holy shit, Dan. I completely forgot about that! Damn. I wonder if I have pictures of that??

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I wanna be like H.E.R.M. when i grow up.

• Herm said:
    street_muzik said:
    I gave up sherm for herm. He's so much better.

Sherm is no joke! I had a couple friends who smoked that once. Tweedy was one. I visited him in the hospital/crazy house he was in shortly after. That fool was in scrubs and chanclas and he was cracking me up in that place. Out of all the different types of folks I've kicked it with over the years, I have to say that cholos remain the funniest.

The other dude is still off a bit and it's been almost 20 years! He makes Crip Hop now.

That's crazy but I believe it. I accidentally smoked something laced and that was one of the most messed up trips I ever went on. I was convinced every window of every building on the street had cameras filming me, which they would edit together, taking situations out of context, for comedic value on TV in heaven.

That was 20 years ago and I'm still messed up lol smfh.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'll admit I didn't read the thread but Herm is Soul Strut Mount Rushmore.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I thought this thread was about this:

Now I'm disappointed.

(Kidding, Herm = that dude!)

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I appreciate the one Herm's swagger, but there's no way that dude can be so peppy and upbeat in real life.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    phongone said:
    I appreciate the one Herm's swagger, but there's no way that dude can be so peppy and upbeat in real life.

mannybolone said:
    I thought this thread was about this:

Now I'm disappointed.