The Disciples of Soul - Peek-a-Boo

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
Is this a 45? Is it on Phantom or another label? What is the flip, please?

Thank You.

Comments

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I think it's a 45 and the flip might be Soul Revolution. Doesn't seem to be on Phantom, but I don't know the label. Check out the below site. You know I'm no expert.

http://www.popsike.com/DESCIPLESDISCIPLES-OF-SOUL-PEEKABOONORTHERN-SOUL/230230235194.html

• My copy has the same label design but the label is navy. BTW, the group's name is (mis)spelled "Desciples of Soul" and the label is G.V.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Thanks very much!
    My next question was what are chances of me finding a clean one for less than $150.

Slim.

• haven't seen a copy in awhile, but it usually sells for around $200, flipside is a psych/funk instrumental called soul revolution, i have both sides up on youtube, great record, if peek-a-boo is the side your after there's another version by the creations on liberty bell, it's not bad but definetly not as good as the desciples of soul, it's way cheaper though

Thank You for all the good info. Yea, the DoS version is the one I need in my life.
    I put it up in the Wants forum, fingers crossed.
    I will cross the price tag bridge when I get to it.

• bassie, these the same disciples who put out "Together"?

I think so? That's the Phantom 45. Same band different labels?
    I can't find too much about them without Little Steven's dumb band jamming things up lol

Any info about them would be appreciated!

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    The misspelling makes it really confusing.

• I always assumed they were different groups. I haven't heard the 45 on Phantom in a while but remember it sounding really blue-eyed.

Really not sure. Together sounds later than Peek-A-Boo and an oldies radio mainstay - so maybe "same" band different and later members?

The Peek-a-Boo side/G.V. where is it pressed? I can't read the Popsike label.
    Phantom is Richmond, VA

• The 45 on G.V. has a Lancaster, PA address but "Virtue Studios" is etched in the deadwax and the publishing company is "Pan-Vil", both of which suggest a Philly origin.

• mongo - can you please post a scan of your 45, i'm curious to see your blue label copy, i've never ever seen one of those

Yes! Exactly! This is what I need.

eh-heh

• thanks alot! never seen a blue issue of that record