Who has seen that Gainsbourg movie?

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
I remember the trailer was discussed on here half a year ago but never heard anything about the actual movie afterwards. Now it's shown in my town and I wonder if I should go. Saw the german trailer yesterday and it was awful but that's how trailers are. Has anybody seen the movie? Yay or nay?

Comments

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    havent found a theater or time to go yet.
    but its on the to do list.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    it has yet to appear on US screens as well.
    I'd much rather see it on a big screen,but will settle for online if need be.
    French dudes..has this been released in your neck of the woods?

• mrmatthew said:
    it has yet to appear on US screens as well.

There was a screening last night in NY, but I wasn't able to go.

• Went to see this a couple of months ago I enjoyed it although without giving too much away the director occasional uses puppets a la The Labyrinth at certain points which is unnecessary. I would have liked a bit more music especially circa Bonnie and Clyde but it was really well casted and worth seeing. Could have been better with a few tweaks.

• Saw the movie here in the UK a few months ago.
    It surpassed my expectation which were quite high to start with, puppets get used quite a lot which I thought was a really good idea though my wife wasn't as keen.
    Cant recommend it enough to those who enjoy gainsbourgs work.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    it was on for one night only here, and as per usual on a night when I had a work function, any one got a rip?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Um, puppets? GTFOH. Explain context without spoiling perhaps? Sounds dumb.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Um, puppets? GTFOH. Explain context without spoiling perhaps? Sounds dumb.

I haven't seen it, but it's making me wonder if it's used like in the Karen Carpenter flick that Todd Solondz did:

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    ketan said:

That was a great film. Thanks for posting that up.