Karen Allen vs. Carrie Fisher

2»

Comments

• saying. but at least she's still working.

• And ironically, just today I pick up the latest issue of Esquire (January 2008) and sure enuff, there goes Carrie Fisher's photo on p. 77...and if this picture is any indication, she's aged better in 51 years than Amy Winehouse in the last two. While she looked unrecognizable on 30 Rock, she WAS playing a character that would have been ten years older...

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I don't like how her face looks in this pic, but I gotta stand up for her in this:

Sayin. She was never a big sex symbol for me as a kid, but after the first two movies with her talking tough and toting gats and all that, seeing her in this outfit was sorta like

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Star Wars Outfit > Carrie Fisher

• yo looking over the karen allen vs. carrie fisher I was struck by how much these two look alike:

carrie on.

HarveyCanal said:
    I'll take Karen Allen in Animal House and for y'all who disapprove...

Thank You!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    I'll take Karen Allen in Animal House and for y'all who disapprove...

History hath been made, as I must agree with Harvey 110%. For me, Karen Allen in Animal House is more or less wifey material.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    One of my very first real childhood crushes was on Karen Allen in Raiders. Still makes me swoon a little today so I can't really approach this objectively.

I don't think it helped that Carrie still had puppy fat on her face in Star Wars meaning that when she lost it it seemed to add years to her features over night. She was still breaking my heart in 85 in The Man With One Red Shoe though.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I actually met Karen Allen a few weeks ago at a friends art opening in NYC, she still looks pretty good in a sort of hippie/new agey way. Apparently she teaches yoga and owns a textile studio now. She wins over Carrie Fisher because her voice is way sexier in my book, I dig ladies with husky voices a la Kathleen Turner...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    How bout some pre-Bionic Lindsay Wagner in Paper Chase?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Shoot, how 'bout Lindsay Wagoner in general? I've been seeing her turn up on late-night TV infomercials for some product, and she's holding up admittedly better than Carrie Fisher has.

• was this ever settled?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I'm still voting for Karen (She's 5'7" to Carrie's 5'1") but as she ages, she's looking more and more like we gotta get out of this place...

• It's never fun to google image search hot chicks from our formative yrs. Not a lot of 80's movies hotties still got it.

(with the exception of Jami Gertz; somehow she seems actually to have improved since the 80's).

I was posing the Q specifically insofar as their respective turns in Raiders and Return are concerned (these flicks represent each at their most blappable IMHO).